Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Want a drink with insect coloring? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/want-drink-insect-coloring-t108826.html)

Ramona Byrd 03-20-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Ann
How can you gain weight by drink diet soda?

----------------------------------------There's a mass of stuff like this on the internet.

More Offers: Gain weight by drinking diet soda
Web Results
Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?
Jun 13, 2005 ... Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? Overweight Risk Soars 41% With Each Daily Can of Diet Soft Drink. By Daniel J. DeNoon ...
www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda... - Similar

Can Diet Soda Make You Gain Weight? - The Early Show - CBS News
Jan 4, 2007 ... But why would diet soda make some people gain weight? ... And Tomczak says, "I'm drinking the diet soda and you know let me have that ...
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/earlyshow/contribu... - Similar

Diet Soda Drinkers Gain Weight - CBS News
Jun 13, 2005 ... Diet Soda Drinkers Gain Weight. Overweight Risk Soars 41 ...
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/13/health/webm... - Similar
[ More results from www.cbsnews.com ]
Diet Soda Weight Gain - LoveToKnow Diet

Diet Soda Weight Gain. It seems odd that people would gain weight from drinking sweet-tasting, low calorie beverages, but recent research tends to show that ...

diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Diet_Soda_Weight_Gain - Similar
Drink Diet Coke to Gain Weight | Screaming Penguin
Anyway, according to this study it seems those drinking diet soda tend to gain more weight then those drinking the real stuff. When you read all the facts ...

www.screaming-penguin.com/node/6475 - Similar
Diet Soda: Doorway to Weight Gain - Washington Times
Jan 12, 2009 ... Diet soda isn't the silver bullet to weight loss it's often made out to be. Nor does it prevent weight gain. In fact, drinking diet soda is ...
www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/take-weight/2009/jan/... - Similar

Ramona Byrd 03-20-2011 09:47 PM

Drink water, tea or lemon aid. Lots and lots of teas out there.

I remember as a child way back in the hills, my Grandma would make some sugary drink for the my plowing up some land for her,
and send me out with some cold Mason jars full of drink made from vinegar. No lemons grew back there and were rarely bought.
Vinegar and lemon juice are just about the same type of sharp acidity, with water and sugar made a refreshing drink in the high humidity and heat.

Ramona Byrd 03-20-2011 09:47 PM

Drink water, tea or lemon aid. Lots and lots of teas out there.

I remember as a child way back in the hills, my Grandma would make some sugary drink for the my plowing up some land for her,
and send me out with some cold Mason jars full of drink made from vinegar. No lemons grew back there and were rarely bought.
Vinegar and lemon juice are just about the same type of sharp acidity, with water and sugar made a refreshing drink in the high humidity and heat.

madamekelly 03-20-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
While it is important for individuals to monitor their foods for allergy and safety, using an insect product for food coloring actually sounds better to me than some of the frankenstein stuff that modern chemists add to the food chain.
--------------------------------------------
I'll agree with this. Insects don't bother me that much, unless they have been sprayed. Doesn't seem like this is the case here.
Aspartame for one is a dangerous thing, so now they are going to call it "Amino Sweet" for the folks who won't be looking for this till they learn better. High Fructose Corn Syrup is changing its name to simply "Corn Syrup". Doesn't that sound nutritious? Money is king, so we have to monitor our own food intake. Me..I strongly suspect there's something else in diet sodas that isn't on the label and is highly addictive. I can stop drinking it, get my caffeine in tea and coffee, yet still get headaches and want my diet sodas. I'm working on lowering my intake, slowly...very slowly. Also losing weight just as slowly!!!! That sorta surprised me. I think in the mean while I'll change to Sucrose and sodas that have it in them, going today to search them out. I'm told by a chemist I know that Sucrose "mostly" is excreted from the body, unlike Aspartame. I'm going to not think of that "mostly" bit till I've tamed my craving for soda.

Sure would like to find one that has plain old Stevia in it. I heard some soda companies are trying to come up with a good tasting soda with Stevia.

(Wanna gain weight? Drink Diet Sodas!!)

Aspartame has been proven to CAUSE carbohydrate cravings! It has also been linked to brain problems.

nycquilter 03-21-2011 09:50 AM

I gave up diet soda almost three years ago for the reasons being pointed out here. Though I didn't lose weight, I also did not gain any. And, I feel much better, which is the ultimate reason. I no longer have any cravings either. I now drink teas that I make from fresh herbs, often herbs I've grown or gathered myself. I do not miss the soda!

Ramona Byrd 10-29-2011 05:40 PM

LET ME TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME

I remember as a child way back in the hills, my Grandma would make some sugary drink for MY UNCLES WHO WERE plowing up some GARDEN land for her,

Vinegar and lemon juice are just about the same type of sharp acidity, with water and sugar made a refreshing drink in the high humidity and heat.[/quote]

Grannymom 10-29-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
LET ME TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME

I remember as a child way back in the hills, my Grandma would make some sugary drink for MY UNCLES WHO WERE plowing up some GARDEN land for her,

[/quote]

How many times have you heard somebody say drink pickle juice for muscle cramps? Probably the main ingredient to do any good was the vinegar!
8-) :lol: