Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Warning about posting to Craigslist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/warning-about-posting-craigslist-t117586.html)

Jingle 04-21-2011 04:04 PM

Our business get faxes like this all the time. They want to share some money, just send them bank info. We knew it was phony the first time, we use to save them just to see how many we would get, shredded them after about a dozen.

Just remember everyone, it is easier for some to scam people out of money than to earn it themselves.

My time 04-21-2011 05:52 PM

Wow thanks for sharing this.

Monie 04-21-2011 07:01 PM

My brother-in-law is a police officer here in Fairhope Al. And he says they get anywhere from 9-12 scams from Craig list.

Ellen 1 04-21-2011 08:53 PM

I had a very similar thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. First time I placed an ad on Craigs List. The guys name was Daniel Walter. He did not barter on the price. Said he was out of the country and was buying the cabinet for his brother and he would have someone pick it up. Wanted to make payments and I should send him my Pay Pal info rght away so he could start paying, and to remove my ad now. I thought it was wierd! I told him I did not want payments and the reason I was selling the cabinet was go get some money, not receive payments. That was the last time I heard from him. The whole sob story was a little overboard for me to start with!!

Should I have reported it to the police?

Roberta 04-22-2011 12:51 PM

We were trying to see a double futon and the same scam tried to be pulled on us. We also called the police.

lindy-2 04-22-2011 01:08 PM

yup i had somone try to pull this on me a bunch of times when i listed a violin on kijiji

Naturalmama 04-22-2011 01:42 PM

Hmmmmmmm.... I was thinking of putting up our rummage sale for next week. I have fitted cloth diapers I need to sell and most people aren't familiar with them - I wanted to target a larger nearby city where there are people that would like them. But now I'm wondering if I want to put my address out there... What do you think?

BettyM 04-22-2011 03:38 PM

We raise dogs to sell, and I get these calls every time I'm selling a litter. They are always calls supposedly through a relay service for handicapped people.

Tinabug 04-25-2011 10:04 PM

I had some guy try that scam, he said he wanted the item but was in Italy and said he would have his assistant send a registered check and to please mark it sold, already I'm thinking what would some business man in Italy want with my little 'ol cabinet I had listed for 100.00. So I said ok, knowing this dude was a big time fake. Then I received a note from him telling me his assistant had sent two checks and when I got one cash it and send the money to,;;;;. LOL, my exact words to him were " listen dude, you can take your scam and shove it!