Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Watching a Video with the Sound Off (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/watching-video-sound-off-t306394.html)

bearisgray 08-19-2019 03:24 AM

Watching a Video with the Sound Off

Sort of entertaining - usually there are a lot of extra gestures with demo type of videos

Annie68 08-19-2019 04:46 AM

I find with demo videos there is way too much chatter, drives me nuts! I'm hearing impaired so generally have the closed captions on and turn the sound off, ahh, much better.

Rhonda K 08-19-2019 05:29 AM

I watch with the sound off many times. Many videos waste precious time to get to the point and I scroll though. The ones that really annoy are the shaky ones or ones with all those hand gestures. LOL.

Aren't we luck to have such wonderful technology to help us?

QuiltnNan 08-19-2019 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8291101)
I watch with the sound off many times. Many videos waste precious time to get to the point and I scroll though. The ones that really annoy are the shaky ones or ones with all those hand gestures. LOL.

yesm very lucky. I scroll through a lot of the introduction parts to get to the 'meat'

Anniedeb 08-19-2019 09:11 AM

I like to get to the 'meat' also. Some videos have too much faux chit-chat that isn't necessary. Just show me the procedure, technique, or how to!

Watson 08-19-2019 09:42 AM

I find especially recipe videos are like that. I'd just like to know how to make it, not all the reminiscing.

Watson

oh munner 08-19-2019 11:31 AM

OMG....I agree! Just stop talking and show us how to do...whatever. Don't care about your family history, or any other blather....just get to the point please, I have other things to do! And please ...no music!!!!!

nativetexan 08-19-2019 11:44 AM

Ha. that is one reason I don't get through movies on Amazon much. they drag on and on. i turn them off. Videos are the same.

cashs_mom 08-19-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8291101)

I agree. Too much time is spent yakking away especially at the beginning. I dont' need a complete history, I just want to see the technique so I often FF thru the fluff to get to the good stuff.

Do you think all the yakking is just to make the video longer or do they just like to hear themselves talk? :D

Jingle 08-19-2019 02:52 PM

I listen to some of them. The others I leave the sound off. It takes them forever to get to the facts. Lots of flipping the hands and going over the same thing about a dozen times,