Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We are buying a quilting room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-buying-quilting-room-t227288.html)

quiltingfan 08-04-2013 06:05 PM

We are buying a quilting room!!!!!

Ok, I am really buying a new house but the quilting room is the important thing, right? We are actually building it, just signed the first of many papers on Friday. This house may fall threw just because the HOA may not allow us to have a pool. We are in the middle of Texas, this is our 1st retirement home and we want what we want. My husband has decided he does not need the office space and so I get my own little room. I am excited to be out of the kitchen and family room, laundry room and in my own little space. I am not too messy so the idea that it is the 1st room people will see does not worry me. YeaH !!!!!

Tartan 08-04-2013 07:15 PM

Congratulations on a sewing room for your very own!

mighty 08-04-2013 07:17 PM

Congratulations on your own sewing room!!!!

amelia0607 08-04-2013 07:43 PM

Happy for you!!

kyquiltlover1942 08-05-2013 03:33 AM

My husband did this for me 6 years ago. We too, had downsized, but we went way to far. I was trying to exsist in a 12 x 10 room. tv, computer, serger, sewing machine and embroidery machine. I I had gained a pound I would have been in trouble. Now I have almost 1500 sq. feet of sewing and quilting studio. I knew there was some reason I stuck with him for 52 years.

Retired Fire Chief 08-05-2013 04:00 AM

How wonderful! Good luck with the HOA, associations can have some pretty dumb rules and no pool sounds like a real dumb rule. And who cares what your sewing room looks like, when people come in and see what you might think is a mess, they should see art in progress. Most everyone we know comes into our house through the garage and when I get my sewing "room" set up in the hearth room section of our kitchen my "mess" will be the first thing they see and I'll be proud they see my works in progress. I'll just have to keep the fabric and thread down so it doesn't mix with whatever I'm cooking!

Misty's Mom 08-05-2013 04:12 AM

Congratulations on your new sewing room

cdmmiracles 08-05-2013 04:21 AM

awesome! good luck! we just finished building and I too am having a quilting room per my husbands suggestion :), e moved in a few weeks ago. The packing, moving, and selling of the other place has been exhausting.......but will be well worth it when my quilt room is set up. I too was working in the kitchen, living room or wherever I found a space to sew. So happy for you :)

Grace MooreLinker 08-05-2013 04:24 AM

Sew happy for you a room where all things are yours..YEA!!!

tessagin 08-05-2013 04:38 AM

Depending on how bad you want that pool, I would've hesitated signing those papers! Not understanding the pool restriction but HOAs can be different. None are ever the same! happy for you that you're able to include a sewing room! Good luck!