Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have a Walmart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-walmart-t250636.html)

diamondee 07-24-2014 07:10 AM

Not all Walmarts carry the same items, ​you can shop online then have it sent to YOUR Walmart free of charge. (to search for fabrics you have to put fabrics in search) Good when looking for something specific. I have ordered a few quilting items that way.

nonymac 07-24-2014 08:22 AM

I haven't, as yet, bought quilting fabric from Walmart. The material I get from them is usually used for camp crafts (they love making a new pillow every year) or doll clothes for my DNs Amerian Girl Doll and other various craft projects.

Rose Marie 07-24-2014 09:32 AM

My area Walmart has fabric and they are still trying to get rid of the awful Christmas fabric they had last year. Don't care for their fabric designs and they don't carry a complete line of matching fabrics. So matching is a problem.
My favorite quilt shop is online and called Connecting Threads. I buy a lot from them. They also send catalogs.

Jingle 07-24-2014 12:59 PM

I buy and have bought fabrics from Walmart and it is very good. They do have thinner fabrics for cheap prices. I always go by the feel of fabric.

misseva 07-24-2014 01:42 PM

I love to buy material from my Wal Mart.

Carol34446 07-24-2014 03:32 PM

I have been buying fabric from Wal-Mart since we moved up here in 1997. Only 1 quilt shop locally and one fabric shop and they are more in to upholstery fabric. Some is good, some so so and some is not good, but when your retired and have to watch every penny you can find some great buys. Also ordered and bought some supplies on line and in store. Just like some people will only drive a Cadillac it depends on taste, expectations and INCOME. We all do what is right for us, or should to live within our means.

oldtnquiltinglady 07-24-2014 03:33 PM

I like Walmart when they have good fabric--and was quite fond of Hobby Lobby for awhile because I thought I was getting good prices when I saw the 40% off all over the store, then bought some fabric and lo and behold, the fabric was priced at the 40% off price when I was looking at the price, then when I noticed the price she wrote down, it was the same as the ticket, and when I commented on it, she told me the 40% off was figured into that price. So I paid $8.97 for a piece of fabric that I mentally figured around $5.00 and was OK with that, but not $9.00. Oh well, so I don't shop at Hobby Lobby for fabric anymore. I like good fabric, but I also watch what I spend per yard for fabric, and I have been disappointed with HL fabric a time or two when I got home and washed and dried it.

grammasharon 07-25-2014 12:43 PM

At our WalMart we too have a difficult time finding someone to cut the fabric. But then I have more time than money. :D

QUILTNMO 07-25-2014 05:37 PM

have found lots of good deals at wal-mart glad you got one close to you!!