Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have a Walmart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-walmart-t250636.html)

nonymac 07-23-2014 08:23 AM

We have a Walmart

Our new Walmart - a small super Walmart - opened Wednesday (a week ago). Since I work I was not able to make it to opening day. I went last night expecting no material or at best material in 2 yard packages. What I found was 2 isles of bolts of material.

I get a lot of the material for our Youth Camp crafts from Walmart. So now I don't have to go out of my way when I get off work to go to a Walmart. I can just head for home, stop at the Walmart and be home when I leave there in minutes.

YEAH - - say what you want to about Walmart but I work hard for my money and Walmart lets me stretch it.

Airwick156 07-23-2014 08:47 AM

Way cool. We have a super walmart about 5 minutes away. A few years ago, they brought back bolts of fabric and for the most part it was okay. Lately though the selection has gotten horrible and their prices have skyrocketed and lots of fabric now cost the same as Joanns and Joanns has gotten mighty expensive that for the amount of money youll spend might as well go to a local quilt shop.

KwiltyKahy 07-23-2014 08:48 AM

The fabric at Walmarts seem to vary with the management. Some in our area are good and some are lousy. Good luck with yours.

crafty pat 07-23-2014 09:23 AM

I was in mine last week and they wee bringing a lot of new fabric and it was some of the best I have seen there lately. I didn't have time to look long so need to go back and take a good look.

tessagin 07-23-2014 09:26 AM

I have a Walmart practically in my backyard. 3 blocks away. I've gotten same fabric there as JF and Hancocks. I need to stretch my budget too.

SmickChick 07-23-2014 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by nonymac (Post 6814250)

YEAH - - say what you want to about Walmart but I work hard for my money and Walmart lets me stretch it.

That's right! Good idea to ward off the "hoity-toity" early.
Enjoy your new WalMart

toverly 07-24-2014 04:51 AM

I have found at our Walmart some good, some bad. There is a big variance in quality. Just look carefully and see if it will do for your projects and it will be fine. The hardest part at ours is finding someone to cut the fabric.

celwood 07-24-2014 05:44 AM

I am so jealous. Our Walmarts (there are 2) stopped carrying fabric about 2 years ago

Tartan 07-24-2014 05:48 AM

:hunf:Green with envy!

Billi 07-24-2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by SmickChick (Post 6814495)
That's right! Good idea to ward off the "hoity-toity" early.
Enjoy your new WalMart

Really? Just because some choose to use thier budget differently? Some choose to stretch a quilting budget by shopping at Walmart other use thiers to buy a lesser amount of higher quality fabric at a quilt shop so what!
Neither is right or wrong they are just different.

Nonymac that great I'm glad you have someplace close to you for fabrics, nothing worse than driving out of your way or making a special trip and not finding what you want. At least this way your stop is not a waste of your time I mean who the heck walks out of Walmart without at least something to show for it.