Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We are opening our home to soliders for Christmas!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-opening-our-home-soliders-christmas-t84620.html)

Quiltforme 12-22-2010 05:48 PM

For the first time we are inviting as many as can fit around our table. My husband was so cute and sheepishly asked if it was ok. I told him that this is one time he does not need my permission to invite people over. Just give me a few days to prepare!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to have these men come over!! My husband is going to give each soldier a bag of supplies (shavers, creams and treats) I will make up a left overs basket for them to take home!! This will go along to teach our kids that giving is more than getting!!

just_the_scraps_m'am 12-22-2010 05:53 PM

that's really a great & caring thing to do...& setting a great example for the younger generation...Blessings...

ncsewer 12-22-2010 05:55 PM

What a thoughtful idea. Have a wonderful time, I know they will..

sandraa 12-22-2010 05:56 PM

I'm sure they will have a great time and appreciate all you and yours do. Thank you from an AF (10yrs) mom.

no1jan 12-22-2010 06:03 PM

That is wonderful! I'm sure that this will be one of the best memories of your life. What a wonderful idea.

I'm ashamed that I never thought of doing such a thing. I will keep it in my to-do list, however this year I am not having Christmas at home. My oven went last Friday during the holiday baking so I am going to my daughters for Christmas.

Take tons of pictures and please share. I would love to see them,and tell your guests THANK YOU for protecting our country. If it wasn't for people like them, America would not be here today!

Huge Hugs and have a Wonderful Christmas. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and new "friends"!

Jim's Gem 12-22-2010 06:11 PM

That is wonderful of you to do!!! Thank you.

amandasgramma 12-22-2010 06:13 PM

How very cool!!!!!! We're not near any....it's a wonderful idea!!!! I'm sure there's some mothers and wives out there blessing you ------ knowing their men/women are going to have a Christmas dinner!!!!!

lisainmo 12-22-2010 06:13 PM

Thank you Jade..that will mean so much to them.
I personally can't wait to hear how it went!
Happy Holidays to you!

Missysgottohelp 12-22-2010 06:15 PM

Oh what a amazing christmas you will have. I hate to see anyone alone during the holidays. I always try to invite anyone I know that will be alone on Thanksgiving or Christmas to our house. I believe the more the merrier! I'm always amazed at the smiles and hugs I receive, even my sons have said thanks Mom for inviting their friends. You will have a wonderful day.

SandyinZ4 12-22-2010 06:17 PM

I too, admire you for doing that. Please convey from two more old folks, our thanks for all they do and give up to protect our US of A. Please do take pics and share.