Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wedding reception venues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wedding-reception-venues-t280713.html)

Sandygirl 07-24-2016 10:24 AM

Wedding reception venues

For those of you who have rented out a place for a wedding reception, how much was the cheapest place you found? just a place...it does not provide catering or bar. You do the decorating, you arrange catering ( no kitchen) etc. You just need a space. Under 100 guests. Indoors. Our "club" has been approached about renting our space out for a wedding and reception due to its unique theme. ( airplane hangar! ) we don't know what to quote, etc. Someone has to be there one evening while the wedding party decorates the space. The wedding-reception is the next day, Saturday. Just curious about how much to quote.

Thanks
Sandy

ckcowl 07-24-2016 10:39 AM

We have rented the legion hall, vfw, Eagles, and a park pavilions for the senior center for events, the halls were $50-$100 ( went in night before or morning of event to decorate, cleaned up after) all have had kitchens, bathrooms & bar space, tables and chairs. I know there are a couple other halls around that charge $100-$150. Some have time minimums/ maximums and I'm sure location matters. What we might be willing to spend $50-$100 for people may pay $250+ for just because that is the market in their area. Maybe call your local mason, Eagles, legion halls & ask what they generally charge.

Sandygirl 07-24-2016 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 7610013)
We have rented the legion hall, vfw, Eagles, and a park pavilions for the senior center for events, the halls were $50-$100 ( went in night before or morning of event to decorate, cleaned up after) all have had kitchens, bathrooms & bar space, tables and chairs. I know there are a couple other halls around that charge $100-$150. Some have time minimums/ maximums and I'm sure location matters. What we might be willing to spend $50-$100 for people may pay $250+ for just because that is the market in their area. Maybe call your local mason, Eagles, legion halls & ask what they generally charge.

Excellent idea! Thanks!
Sandy

tessagin 07-24-2016 01:10 PM

Ask what it includes and you may need a security guard or 2 depending on the size crowd. Some venues require it and at your cost. Ask others who have had recent weddings like within the last year or two.

Roberta 07-25-2016 03:08 AM

Not sure what they paid to rent but our son's wedding in Bar Harbor, ME rented The Schoolhouse and it was great. We had access to it for a couple of days. The walls were lined with chalkboards and one of my DIL's friends drew vines and leaves on it. It was then used to write congratulations as the "guest book" and pics were taken of the walls.

NJ Quilter 07-25-2016 03:21 AM

We rent our the hall at our firehouse. $250 for half; $450 for entire hall. It does have a kitchen and separate bar area. We require a $250 refundable deposit as well as the fire company listed as 'additionally insured' for an absurd amount of $1,000,000. If the renter's homeowners insurance does not provide that coverage, we direct them to an independent company that will for a fee of about $150 (I think). If the renters are using a caterer, the caterer must provide it's own insurance certificate as well.

ManiacQuilter2 07-25-2016 03:47 AM

Where is the airplane?? All the advice is great.

cindyb 07-25-2016 04:27 AM

In our area things are really crazy. We have tons of wineries and breweries, old barns, old gas stations/car repair garages, old grocery stores - anything goes. They are all so interesting and I love they are being used and not torn down. HOWEVER, it is a very expensive way to go!!!!!!

osewme 07-25-2016 05:07 AM

Our local Senior Citizens Center rents out their space for receptions, baby/wedding showers, etc. I don't know what they charge but you could check w/your local center.

AZ Jane 07-25-2016 06:09 AM

Just did a quick google search for Parks and Recreation here in Phoenix. Outdoor activities for rent at our local parks start at $35 to $50 but lots of additional fees for add-on's. Bouncy house, beer permits Etc. My first thought, hey I'm old, how many bathrooms does the hanger have??