Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

Quilt4u 08-23-2010 07:04 AM

Hi I have not been on this post for a while. I have not eaten in 2 weeks. Today is my first day to eat soft foods. I have lost 8 pounds in that 2 weeks. I still can't tell I'm still swollen from the surgery.

trupeach1 08-23-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by Terryl
Are you remembering that you're "taking things slow"? Sounds like things are moving pretty fast to me two dinners in one weekend. Just watching out for our MissyGirl :) :)

Things are still going very slow. I have only hugged him twice. No kisses or anything like that. I am a good girl remember? :D

We just love to spend time together. We shall see about the future but for right now, it is so much fun being his best friend!

Missy

I think it so so nice you had Mike and Russ over for dinner. Even though it was 2 times over the weekend if he lives alone having dinner with people is a treat in itself. I lived alone for awhile and I hated dinner time, it was so lonely sitting at the table that is when I had to change things. I stopped sitting at the table and started to eat sitting on the couch in front of the TV.
Honestly Missy even if you become friends with benefits MY GOD you are a woman not a 15 year old kid. Enjoy yourself life is short.

trupeach1 08-23-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Hi I have not been on this post for a while. I have not eaten in 2 weeks. Today is my first day to eat soft foods. I have lost 8 pounds in that 2 weeks. I still can't tell I'm still swollen from the surgery.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what will you eat??????? Hope all went well with the surgery and that you are back to feeling better soon.

Quilt4u 08-23-2010 07:14 AM

I ate a poched egg for breafest. But I don't feel so good now. A lot of gas. I was thinking Mac and cheese for lunch. But I don't know.

dgrindey 08-23-2010 07:18 AM

I ate a poched egg for breafest. But I don't feel so good now. A lot of gas. I was thinking Mac and cheese for lunch. But I don't know.

Hope you are doing better. How about a protein drink for lunch? It might give you energy and make you feel better. Mac and cheese might be gassy too. Also, remember that after surgery, you don't want to drink anything with ice or eat ice. It makes terrible gas. Feel better.
Donna

trupeach1 08-23-2010 07:22 AM

[quote=Quilt4u]I ate a poched egg for breafest. But I don't feel so good now. A lot of gas. I was thinking Mac and cheese for lunch. But I don't know.[/quote

I'm sorry you are not feeling good, gas is a killer. What if you would have soup for lunch or better yet cream cheese and jelly sandwich. I know when I don't feel good and my tummy is bothering me( I know you had surgery and it is not the same)I like cream cheese and jelly. or how about a yogurt?????

MissyGirl 08-23-2010 08:01 AM

Omigosh! I am so sorry you have not been able to eat. Would you remind me what kind of surgery you had. I sincerely hope youare on the upward swing! It is never fun to lose weight because you are sick.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-23-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Are you remembering that you're "taking things slow"? Sounds like things are moving pretty fast to me two dinners in one weekend. Just watching out for our MissyGirl :) :)

Things are still going very slow. I have only hugged him twice. No kisses or anything like that. I am a good girl remember? :D

We just love to spend time together. We shall see about the future but for right now, it is so much fun being his best friend!

Missy

I think it so so nice you had Mike and Russ over for dinner. Even though it was 2 times over the weekend if he lives alone having dinner with people is a treat in itself. I lived alone for awhile and I hated dinner time, it was so lonely sitting at the table that is when I had to change things. I stopped sitting at the table and started to eat sitting on the couch in front of the TV.
Honestly Missy even if you become friends with benefits MY GOD you are a woman not a 15 year old kid. Enjoy yourself life is short.

Oh Trupeach! I am having such fun right now. Just being with him and Russ is such a treat. He is funny and sweet. Russ is absolutely precious! As I mentioned before Russ has Down's Syndrome. He fell in love with my stepdad who was a marine. SO, last night when we were getting ready to leave so I could take them home, Russ stood in front of Wes's picture of him in his uniform and saluted him! It was so darling. He was smiling big as a house and saluted. I wish you could have been there. So precious are these angels from heaven.

Missy

trupeach1 08-23-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy

Oh Trupeach! I am having such fun right now. Just being with him and Russ is such a treat. He is funny and sweet. Russ is absolutely precious! As I mentioned before Russ has Down's Syndrome. He fell in love with my stepdad who was a marine. SO, last night when we were getting ready to leave so I could take them home, Russ stood in front of Wes's picture of him in his uniform and saluted him! It was so darling. He was smiling big as a house and saluted. I wish you could have been there. So precious are these angels from heaven.

Missy

trupeach1 08-23-2010 08:32 AM

People with downs are so lovable. A family friend (a young woman) has a brother who is 17 with downs and she tells the funniest stories about him. She says he is always happy and never complaiins about anything. When he goes out he tells people he doesn't get feed and makes up stories to the cashiers at their local supermarket. All the cashiers know him. He loves the Hardy Boy books and always asked if there was really a town named Bayport as that is where the Hardy boys live. The family never knew, I guess no one googled it for him. There is only 1 town in the entire USA named Bayport and wikipedia describes it as the town from the Hardy Boy's along with other stuff. We moved from Bayport to Ohio. When he heard that you would have thought he met the Queen of England. It is nice to be friends with Russ not to many people would. You have a heart of gold Missy and I am honored to call you my friend.