Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-28-2010 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=marymc]

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh brother! The chaos has begun in my house. My stepdad is unloading 30 boxes of 7' hardwood flooring materials. Just before he picked those up he unloaded 3 new toilets. In ten days the demolition will begin in our kitchen. Six weeks after they the windows are going to be replaced and then after that the siding is going to go up on the house.

Apparently there is a rush to get this done before winter hits. That is fine but it is going to send me to the moon. Ugh. I hate household chaos.

A couple years ago we installed hardwood floors in our house. I spent weeks picking out the wood, we picked it up,son and husband hauled in 48 boxes (1000 square feet) in 90 degree weather. I pulled some pieces out and quickly realized I did not like my choice! Took me 2 days to get the nerve to tell my husband. He just shook his head and said"better call your son". My wonderful son came and loaded it all up and returned it and hauled in the perfect flooring a week later. I love the floors but they don't come easy!! enjoy the adventure and keep smiling. We laugh about this all the time now! And since then we have done many more projects and nobody has been killed or divorced!

Mary that is funny. I bet it wasn't funny for a long time though.

I am just ready for this to be done and over with. Nobody on this planet runs on my timeline though. LOL

Missy

kit'smamma 08-28-2010 04:22 PM

If this group continues past August I'd like to join in on September 1. I've gotten discouraged because I have been shirking on the Weight Watcher regimen of writing down everything and how much of everything I eat. I need a motivation. I ususally eat the right stuff but too much of it. New dog is making sure I get lots of exercise and my gardening neighbors are keeping me over supplied with wonderful fresh veggies.

An old college sweet heart is coming to visit in a month or two and I'd like to dump at least 20 pounds if you get my drift.

CAROLJ 08-28-2010 06:40 PM

I'm down to a 16/18 blouse!!!!!!!!!!. The stomach still hasn't gone down, just the boobs. I'm starting to do push-ups so I can firm up the arms and the chest. (Girl push-ups.)

I have been reading up on negative calorie foods. These are foods that use more energy to digest than they contain. For example beets, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, blackberries and shrimp all use more calories to digest than they contain. The article said not to eat only negative calorie foods as it my result in malnutrition. Does anyone know if this theory is fact?

seamstome 08-28-2010 06:52 PM

No you wont get malnourised eating negative calorie foods...they still have nutrients like vitamins. Now you have to have a protein component like a bean or meat so maybe that was what they were talking about.

I have lost 7 pounds even this am since 8/1 which means I am down about 9 to 10 overall. I can feel it in my pants...now if I could just lose some boobs I would be happy!

Want to know the best part? Hubby is only down 8.4...seems he lost like ten and gained some back! Yeah for the good team, makes me feel better since I know he has been eating garbage.

Speaking of garbage, today was nasty but we will see.

Mimito2 08-28-2010 07:02 PM

My Hubby doesn't want me to loose any weight! He says I just need to tone up some... He keeps bringing home sweets and snacks and putting them in front of me. I sneak them off to the dog when he is not looking, then I feel guilty and have to go play with the dog to keep him from getting fat. Win/win situation for me and the dog. lol

Gwyn 08-28-2010 07:49 PM

I just got new floor upstairs. I replaced every floor except the 3 bedrooms. It is so beautiful! I wish we had done it a long time ago. The whole upstairs is brighter. We cleaned the appliances and have refinished the dining table. I even made new curtains. New paint, new floor, & new curtains,make it seem like a new house, only cheaper.

thequilteddove 08-29-2010 04:52 AM

Total weight loss to day: 6.6#s

As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED! Did all you ladies from up North hear me scream that!?!

I don't feel better; let me try again!

I__W.I.L.L__N.O.T__B.E__D.I.S.C.O.U.R.A.G.E.D!!!!

Except for yesterday I was well within my daily allotted calories & I exercised 3 days out of 7. As I look over the past weeks activities & caloric intake, I noticed that almost 1/3 of my calories are what I consider of no significant nutrition value... I can't help but wonder what difference does it make as long as I stay within my prescibed numbers???

I will chalk it up to the old "I'm due for my period" and continue to work on improving *sighs*

My fat quarter is wtg to find out which of you ladies is the biggest looser :thumbup:

P.S. I adjusted my weight loss goal from 2#s a week to 2.5#s a week. That made my alloted calories go from 1534 to 1163. I felt comfortable w/the 1534... 1163 is gonna feel awlful! I guess will have to increase my veggies big time so that I will still feel as though I am not depriving myself when ever I get the urge to eat something.... Maybe I should buy a juicer.....

trupeach1 08-29-2010 06:53 AM

only 2 days to go and I didn't loss anything I am still at 190, better then 209 that I started at but that was way back in the winter. Fall is coming and long with that the cooler weather. I will try in Sept as I really have tried for awhile. I have my FQ all ready for the biggest looser.

MissyGirl 08-29-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I'm down to a 16/18 blouse!!!!!!!!!!. The stomach still hasn't gone down, just the boobs. I'm starting to do push-ups so I can firm up the arms and the chest. (Girl push-ups.)

I have been reading up on negative calorie foods. These are foods that use more energy to digest than they contain. For example beets, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, blackberries and shrimp all use more calories to digest than they contain. The article said not to eat only negative calorie foods as it my result in malnutrition. Does anyone know if this theory is fact?

OH CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU!!!!

I have no idea about the negative calorie foods but am very curious about them. Keep us up to date on what you find out.

Missy

Gwyn 08-29-2010 09:31 AM

Negative calorie foods is a bit of a misnomber. Calories are a measure measure of potential energy. A stalk of celery has 11 calories of potential energy stored in it. When you eat the celery,you use 17 calories of actual energy to eat chew, and digest it. Technically, this means you are now in the -6 on caloric intake. For this reason celery is thought of as a free food. Cucumbers, greenbeans,and few others also do this.

How celery would you need to eat in order to count it as 1 exercise session.