Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

missgigglewings 07-31-2010 06:17 AM

I am in because I really need to be in!

trupeach1 07-31-2010 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by fratcat
I am somewhat not in tune when it comes to some of the abbreviations on this site. Could you plese tell me what PM means as far as sending you our weight loss?

A PM is a private message. Look at the top of your screen, where is says Quilting Board-The Quilters Message Board look to the bottom right and it says private message you click on that type in the name of who you want to send a message to and you are good to go.

trupeach1 07-31-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by fosseldaughter
I will not be back from vacation until Aug 13th, will this be going on next month, that I could join then?

This has been going on since Feb and until I reach my goal weight it will not stop. You could still follow along with us for help, tips, recipes, encouragement and HUGS!!!!!!!!!! And sign up in Sept. I wonder what I will have as a theme then???????

Hey, can you give us all an idea of how the other months have gone as far as how much the winner lost and maybe even how much was lost from the whole group - just out of curiosity. There are alot of people here excited about the incentive to lose a few pounds, get healthier and have fun doing it. :thumbup:

I don't have a record of how much the whole group lost however the winners have lost anywhere for 12 to over 20 lbs. The heavier you are the more you loss when you start to diet. So far this month the biggest loser lost 10 lbs but not everyone has PM me with their loss.
It is fun to do it as a group and you are not restricted to weigh in every week, pay dues or anything else. I think the FQ makes it interesting and adds to the excitment.

trupeach1 07-31-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by tincan
I'm in ut can't get out to buy FQ. Have a tubfuk of quilt shop ones. Hope they wiil do. Thanks tincan

That's fine. In the rules I state what the theme is but if someone doesn't have it they could send what they have.

trupeach1 07-31-2010 06:44 AM

So far 58 people are in this is the largest group we have had. The winner will get around a total of 15 yds of fabric. YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Cheriefaye2008 07-31-2010 07:24 AM

I'm so excited to get started. My 11 year old daughter is too. She said she's going to help me and start walking with me to help me along.

Mimito2 07-31-2010 07:32 AM

Please count me in.

seivmom 07-31-2010 11:31 AM

I'm in :)

Philarena 07-31-2010 12:54 PM

I am in, too. I would love the FQ's and my body would love to lose the #'s! This seems like a great group idea!

marymc 07-31-2010 01:28 PM

I'm in. Hopefully more successfully in August than July was. Any loss is a good thing and this group is great support! thanks everyone for being so encouraging.