Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

candlequilter 08-16-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Okay! I have an announcement! Listen to this

I have been resisting eating the vanilla & peach swirl ice cream bars from Schwann's. So today I actually looked at the label.

The whole bar only has 90 calories, 15 grams carbohydrates and 2 fat grams. What more do you want to have a diet bar. Except for the fat grams, this is a great snack/dessert. My yogurt has 100 calories, 15 carbs and no fat.

Next time you are at the store or the Schwan truck pulls up to your yard, get yourself a box. I would also check the things at the store. I bet regular fudge cycles aren't more than 100 calories.

We don't have to feel deprived. We can have 1 ONE 1. I'm so glad I read the label. Once in a while, I can have 1.

I have also discovered the individual serving cups you can get with ice cream or sherbert in them is only 100 calories and depending on which you choose, no or little fat.

Don't go crazy thinking you can have 3 per day. No, no, no... Be reasonable and you can have some.

On average how many carbs should a person try to stay under in a day?

Terryl 08-17-2010 05:32 AM

Weight watchers also has some delicious low calorie, low fat desserts, I don't have any in front of me to give the exact contents, but from personal experience they ARE yummy. Also sugar free popcycles are a good choice, no fat at all and they curb my sweet tooth, my favorite is the banana but I can't always get sugar free banana so I take what I can get.

MissyGirl 08-17-2010 07:38 AM

I have been resisting eating the vanilla & peach swirl ice cream bars from Schwann's. So today I actually looked at the label.

The whole bar only has 90 calories, 15 grams carbohydrates and 2 fat grams. What more do you want to have a diet bar. Except for the fat grams, this is a great snack/dessert. My yogurt has 100 calories, 15 carbs and no fat.

Next time you are at the store or the Schwan truck pulls up to your yard, get yourself a box. I would also check the things at the store. I bet regular fudge cycles aren't more than 100 calories.

We don't have to feel deprived. We can have 1 ONE 1. I'm so glad I read the label. Once in a while, I can have 1.

I have also discovered the individual serving cups you can get with ice cream or sherbert in them is only 100 calories and depending on which you choose, no or little fat.

Don't go crazy thinking you can have 3 per day. No, no, no... Be reasonable and you can have some.

I absolutely love those bars! Their fudge bars have 100 calories in them and are yummy!

I am so glad you read the label. Enjoy guys!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-17-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

On average how many carbs should a person try to stay under in a day?

My dietician says 70 so long as the majority is from plant based foods.

Missy

dgrindey 08-17-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I use to fight the heat, but a few years ago I decided to "embrace it." I do almost everything I do all winter in the summer. I work outside, walk and bike in the heat. I found it was easier to join it than to fight it. My mantra this summer is "I love the heat."

Also I do think you burn more calories when it is very hot or cold. Can't swear by it though.

Tonight we're having baked chicken, salad and summer squash with lemon sauce. And I have enough calories left for popcorn with butter!

God bless you!! You must be younger than me. The heat really bothers me now that I'm older.

trupeach1 08-17-2010 02:16 PM

I am still not doing good. I feel like giving up. What difference does it make if I am FAT or thinner?????? As for healthy I will never be healthy, so that blow that out the window. I have so little in my life why should I begrudge myself the 1 thing I have, food.

MissyGirl 08-17-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am still not doing good. I feel like giving up. What difference does it make if I am FAT or thinner?????? As for healthy I will never be healthy, so that blow that out the window. I have so little in my life why should I begrudge myself the 1 thing I have, food.

Oh hun!! You ARE doing good! It might not look like it in numbers but you are reaching out and sharing with others how much you care and you are being shown how much you are cared for! I care for you deeply!

Hang in there. You are such a great person.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-17-2010 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness!!!! You guys are just not going to believe it but.........

I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT!!! I am going to be meeting him in an hour for dinner.

I am stunned. I met him a couple days ago and we have soo much in common. The number one thing we have in common is that we want to be good friends.

His name is Mike and he lives just a couple miles from me. Woohoo!!!

I so had to share with you. Oh, I do worry about what he is going to think when he sees me in person. Is he going to freak when he sees my hanging belly? Oh I could go on for hours. But, I am just going to have to let God handle it.

Whew. Calm down Missy. Calm down.

Love y'all!

Missy

trupeach1 08-17-2010 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh my goodness!!!! You guys are just not going to believe it but.........

I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT!!! I am going to be meeting him in an hour for dinner.

I am stunned. I met him a couple days ago and we have soo much in common. The number one thing we have in common is that we want to be good friends.

His name is Mike and he lives just a couple miles from me. Woohoo!!!

I so had to share with you. Oh, I do worry about what he is going to think when he sees me in person. Is he going to freak when he sees my hanging belly? Oh I could go on for hours. But, I am just going to have to let God handle it.

Whew. Calm down Missy. Calm down.

Love y'all!

Missy

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS I want details and remember you are a good girl NO S*X on the first date!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

seamstome 08-17-2010 04:07 PM

A date! Wow, that sounds like fun to this old married chickee.

As far as the weight thing goes, I appear to be stuck but I stayed with it today. 1200 calories on the nose. I am really right where I planned to be but when I was losing a half pound a day there I got all excited.

Then there is my hubby, notice no DH, who decided to drop 10 pounds and did it in a week. UGGHHH! He just has that metabolism and he does exercise alot plus he is one of those guys who doesnt care about food. Top steak dinner with all the trimmings or frozen pizza, it's all the same to him!