Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I've read that you should walk 10,000 steps a day and that will help lose weight. Ahhh---do I? NO!!! Actually, it is so hot here that I haven't started walking yet. Our neighborhood is great for walking because it's hilly but not when it's over 100.

You must be in S. CA. I'm in the Palm Springs area, and it is suppose to be 115 by Sat.

I have been going early in the morning and around 6:15 in the evening. I walk in the am because it is still somewhat cool. But I ride the bike in the evening as it is easier to keep cool riding than walking. I generally wrap a wet cloth around my neck and take water.

Missy, excercise in the water is very beneficial. I burns a lot of calories and it is easy on the joints. When there is someone here besides me, I will work out in the pool. I generally tread water for 30 minutes. I don't like to swim alone, so it's mainly on the weekend.

Yep exercising in water is a good thing. I feel so much better in the water than when I am walking on land.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay. So not only am I a sick puppy but so is my family. My case in point:

My sister tells my mom that we need to take a pole dancing class. My mom starts snickering and so does my sister and I decided I could hold it in no longer. I blurted out that if I were to swing around a pole it would end up looking like a giant corn dog. *snort*

So. Yeah. We are a sick family.

Missy

dgrindey 08-12-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I've read that you should walk 10,000 steps a day and that will help lose weight. Ahhh---do I? NO!!! Actually, it is so hot here that I haven't started walking yet. Our neighborhood is great for walking because it's hilly but not when it's over 100.

You must be in S. CA. I'm in the Palm Springs area, and it is suppose to be 115 by Sat.

I have been going early in the morning and around 6:15 in the evening. I walk in the am because it is still somewhat cool. But I ride the bike in the evening as it is easier to keep cool riding than walking. I generally wrap a wet cloth around my neck and take water.

Missy, excercise in the water is very beneficial. I burns a lot of calories and it is easy on the joints. When there is someone here besides me, I will work out in the pool. I generally tread water for 30 minutes. I don't like to swim alone, so it's mainly on the weekend.

Yes, I live in Palmdale. My hubby tells me it's supposed to be cooling off much more in the early a.m. So then I can start walking again.

trupeach1 08-12-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

My sister tells my mom that we need to take a pole dancing class. My mom starts snickering and so does my sister and I decided I could hold it in no longer. I blurted out that if I were to swing around a pole it would end up looking like a giant corn dog. *snort*

Missy

will your family adopt me??????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy

Heh. Yep. You are adopted. It is official. But the real question I have is whether or not you are gonna swing around that pole with my sister and mom? Hehe.

Missy

trupeach1 08-12-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy

Heh. Yep. You are adopted. It is official. But the real question I have is whether or not you are gonna swing around that pole with my sister and mom? Hehe.

Missy

:shock: :shock:

are you kidding me????????????? of course i am !!!!!!!!! fat butt and all. :shock: :shock: :shock:

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 05:57 PM

I am so bringing the video camera. Youtube has never seen the likes of what will be posted THAT day! HAHAHA!

Missy

CAROLJ 08-12-2010 06:49 PM

I am so bringing the video camera. Youtube has never seen the likes of what will be posted THAT day! HAHAHA!

Missy

:shock:

Gwyn 08-12-2010 07:19 PM

I'd try it, but I'm afraid I would be laughing so hard I'd pee my pants. Of course, we could use it as a May Pole and just wind it up with ribbons. It would remind me of Disney's Fantasia with the dancing hippos.

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I'd try it, but I'm afraid I would be laughing so hard I'd pee my pants. Of course, we could use it as a May Pole and just wind it up with ribbons. It would remind me of Disney's Fantasia with the dancing hippos.

I so like your idea Gwyn. Sure would beat peeing in our pants!

Missy