Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Missy,
You go, girl!! :)

Thank you thank you thank you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAROLJ 08-12-2010 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Missygirl
I am so proud of you for doing so much exercise! Wow. I can barely get my two miles of walking in the channel. I guess it has to do with how much extra weight we are carrying around.

I will work on my self-talk today to see if thinking more positive about myself helps my day.

Missy

Missy, I'll give you 2 things, 1. a wicked sense of humor and 2. a team player. I could add 3. an encourager.

I push myself a lot with the excercise, because I start work Weds. and I will be gone from 6:30 to 4:30, so my time to excercise is short.

CAROLJ 08-12-2010 01:02 PM

Missy good luck on the job.

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Originally Posted by Missygirl
I am so proud of you for doing so much exercise! Wow. I can barely get my two miles of walking in the channel. I guess it has to do with how much extra weight we are carrying around.

I will work on my self-talk today to see if thinking more positive about myself helps my day.

Missy

Missy, I'll give you 2 things, 1. a wicked sense of humor and 2. a team player. I could add 3. an encourager.

I push myself a lot with the excercise, because I start work Weds. and I will be gone from 6:30 to 4:30, so my time to excercise is short.

Awww shucks Carol! Thank you so much!

Oh ok I understand the exercise thing. Am I the only one that absolutely hates to move your body? AAAAH! I am gonna do it but you can't (or as we say in Texas---cain't) make me like it!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Missy good luck on the job.

Oh Carol thank you. It is a volunteer position that is a 4 yr term so it really will be a job. I really hope that they have not talked to someone nuttier than me that they will want on the council instead.

Missy :roll:

dgrindey 08-12-2010 01:34 PM

I've read that you should walk 10,000 steps a day and that will help lose weight. Ahhh---do I? NO!!! Actually, it is so hot here that I haven't started walking yet. Our neighborhood is great for walking because it's hilly but not when it's over 100.

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 01:37 PM

I've read that you should walk 10,000 steps a day and that will help lose weight. Ahhh---do I? NO!!! Actually, it is so hot here that I haven't started walking yet. Our neighborhood is great for walking because it's hilly but not when it's over 100.

I think because it is hilly around here and because of the heat i much prefer to go to the indoor pool and walk the water channel. It is also soooo much easier on my poor beaten-down knees.

Missy

Gwyn 08-12-2010 01:46 PM

Missy: I hate to move. My idea of exercise is sitting in my rocking chair holding one of my grandkids. I don't like to breathe hard or get that nasty taste in my throat. I would rather sit and sew than stand and cook. Moving around is painful. I know I need to change my attitude, so I will start small tomorrow.

Terryl: I am very sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I don't like it when people misspell my name either.

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Missy: I hate to move. My idea of exercise is sitting in my rocking chair holding one of my grandkids. I don't like to breathe hard or get that nasty taste in my throat. I would rather sit and sew than stand and cook. Moving around is painful. I know I need to change my attitude, so I will start small tomorrow.

Terryl: I am very sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I don't like it when people misspell my name either.

I know what you mean Gwyn. I am going to go to the pool tomorrow and work on that two miles walking thing. It is all I can do. I go see the internist next week and I so want to be down at least one pound.

Did you watch Oprah today? It was about all these people that lose massive amounts of weight without surgery. I was sooo jealous and thinking mean thoughts. I want to lose weight so badly and am even sacrificing dinner with my family tonight so I can eat the healthy thing. My mom is sad (she has not said a word though) when she looks at me. I can just read her face. My sister is here and she weighs 230 but she is over 6 feet tall. She looks great. Here I am in my size 38 shorts and 6x shirt. UGH.

I am not going to keep feeling sorry for myself. I am going to just order my unwich and smile as I eat it with my family (they are having fried potatoes and smoke sausage and other greasy foods).

I will go to the pool in the morning and get my exercise in and see how things go.

I have not stepped on my new scale that goes to 440 pounds yet. So, I do not know if I lost those 7 pounds I gained while I was in Texas.

I am hoping with all my might I am in the 420s. That would be such a good thing.

So, we will see. Sorry about the blather of self-loathing. It is back to your regularly scheduled program.

Missy

CAROLJ 08-12-2010 03:45 PM

You must be in S. CA. I'm in the Palm Springs area, and it is suppose to be 115 by Sat.

I have been going early in the morning and around 6:15 in the evening. I walk in the am because it is still somewhat cool. But I ride the bike in the evening as it is easier to keep cool riding than walking. I generally wrap a wet cloth around my neck and take water.

Missy, excercise in the water is very beneficial. I burns a lot of calories and it is easy on the joints. When there is someone here besides me, I will work out in the pool. I generally tread water for 30 minutes. I don't like to swim alone, so it's mainly on the weekend.