Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-11-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I have a terrible headache today. That's what I get for saying I haven't had one in years. I took the dogs for a walk hoping the excercise would kick in endorphines. It was starting to work but as it was late and hot, the dogs couldn't go very far.

My grandsons were here yesterday and the house looks like it was struck by a tornado. It'll take me all day to clean it up. A small price to pay, they are such a joy to watch.

I did a bit over 8 miles on the bike last night. I even made it going up the hill without having to take a easier route.

I had a great dinner last night and it was a little over 400 calories. BBQ chicken, spinach and pinto beans.

I have stopped eating rice with my beans, to many calories for the amount of nutrition. Maybe when I go on a maintenance program I will add them back in.

I am so sorry you are having a headache. That does not sound fun at all.

Yay on the great dinner! Have you considered brown rice? It is a great alternative to the white rice.

Missy

dgrindey 08-11-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I wanted to update you guys on my dad. He is now home and doing very well. All of the results from the tests they ran on him came out great. So, the only thing he has to do now is go back to the er next week to get the staple removed. He will see his regular doctor next week too so that is good as well.

Me and my sisters decided that he needs to wrap his head with bubble wrap. He thought that was pretty funny. LOL!

I am doing better too. I just had to stop and realize that no matter which things went with him that I was going to be okay and that it would all work out.

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes and prayers. God is good. Indeed.

Missy

LOL you are too funny. I sure am happy he is doing better. They bounce back sometimes better than we do!

trupeach1 08-11-2010 01:47 PM

Headache is now the entire head. I don't know why but I am hungry every hour, if I didn't put food in my stomach it is growling and a wave of I don't know what comes over me that I feel like I am going to pass out throw up and die all at once. I have been eating nothing but toast with butter and jam all dayy. I think I ate a 1/2 of a loaf of bread today. That is the only thing that doesn't make me feel like I want to barf my guts up. I was in bed ALL day and I finally moved to the couch and the computer. My ears/vertigo have been messed up today too. I can't wait for the night to come maybe tomorrow I will feel better.

MissyGirl 08-11-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Headache is now the entire head. I don't know why but I am hungry every hour, if I didn't put food in my stomach it is growling and a wave of I don't know what comes over me that I feel like I am going to pass out throw up and die all at once. I have been eating nothing but toast with butter and jam all dayy. I think I ate a 1/2 of a loaf of bread today. That is the only thing that doesn't make me feel like I want to barf my guts up. I was in bed ALL day and I finally moved to the couch and the computer. My ears/vertigo have been messed up today too. I can't wait for the night to come maybe tomorrow I will feel better.

Oh Hun. Hang in there. Do not worry about us. We will be here when you are feeling better.

Missy

Gwyn 08-11-2010 04:21 PM

Tru: so sorry about all that. Call when you feel better. I have news to tell.

Missy: Did you get that letter finished and sent? I've been praying and hoping.

I need to go fix dinner. Yes, once in a while it is my turn. Later everyone.

Gwyn 08-12-2010 02:43 AM

Oh what an awful day. I did so well all day, and then I got really hungry around 4:30 and got going on a loaf of sourdough bread. I think I ate about 1/2 of the loaf. Then tonight I made stuffed pasta shells with spaghetti sauce on top. I only ate 2 with dinner, but I still had 1 more later at 4:30 a.m. as well as a little more bread. OOOOH! Okay, I need to take my own advice and get this under control. Truth be told, I really needed more to drink today so instead of drinking water (ugh) I ate whatever was there (double ugh)

Okay it is over. Back to action and healthy living...which includes sleep. Nite all

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Oh what an awful day. I did so well all day, and then I got really hungry around 4:30 and got going on a loaf of sourdough bread. I think I ate about 1/2 of the loaf. Then tonight I made stuffed pasta shells with spaghetti sauce on top. I only ate 2 with dinner, but I still had 1 more later at 4:30 a.m. as well as a little more bread. OOOOH! Okay, I need to take my own advice and get this under control. Truth be told, I really needed more to drink today so instead of drinking water (ugh) I ate whatever was there (double ugh)

Okay it is over. Back to action and healthy living...which includes sleep. Nite all

Same here. I ate some sun chips in the morning along with my fruit for breakfast and then I made chicken cacciatore for dinner (which was fine I just had a second helping) and then peach pie with ice cream. Ugh. I hate it when I mess up on my diet.

Today is a new day. I am back to working on my letter of interest.

I am glad I am not alone for goofing up yesterday.

Missy

CAROLJ 08-12-2010 07:20 AM

Today eating is going to be a bit complicated. I can't eat until I get my blood test, I should be driving there now instead of doing this. Then I am going to my parents to clean their carpets. So I'll take an apple and a chicken leg with me; I will have a salad when I get home.

I'm up to four miles walking and 8 on the bike. I would like to see more progress, but I guess it took me 15 years to look like this so I need a bit more patience.

Have a blessed day everyone, think beautiful thoughts. Not of how it could be, but how beautiful we are today. Carol

PS Tru, I hope your headache is better.

Terryl 08-12-2010 08:15 AM

Today will be a bit of a challenge for me, I have a date tonite with my bestest man, (my 7 year old grandson). We're going to the dinner theatre to see Seussical the musical. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of green eggs and ham :) :) Guess what's on the menu? Now, I'm not much of an egg eater and as I don't eat meat, (only fish and seafood) the ham will not be a challenge for me, but the dinner is a buffet, my best laid plans for tonite are as follows: large salad, steamed veggies,(if available) and fish if they have it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If not maybe I'll be able to make it out with JUST a salad.

MissyGirl 08-12-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Today eating is going to be a bit complicated. I can't eat until I get my blood test, I should be driving there now instead of doing this. Then I am going to my parents to clean their carpets. So I'll take an apple and a chicken leg with me; I will have a salad when I get home.

I'm up to four miles walking and 8 on the bike. I would like to see more progress, but I guess it took me 15 years to look like this so I need a bit more patience.

Have a blessed day everyone, think beautiful thoughts. Not of how it could be, but how beautiful we are today. Carol

PS Tru, I hope your headache is better.

I am so proud of you for doing so much exercise! Wow. I can barely get my two miles of walking in the channel. I guess it has to do with how much extra weight we are carrying around.

I will work on my self-talk today to see if thinking more positive about myself helps my day.

Missy