Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

trupeach1 08-17-2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am still not doing good. I feel like giving up. What difference does it make if I am FAT or thinner?????? As for healthy I will never be healthy, so that blow that out the window. I have so little in my life why should I begrudge myself the 1 thing I have, food.

What do you mean...you did the sign up, come on, you are our fearless leader, you cant give up now!

I have been doing the sign up for months I just can't stick to the diet the last 2 months or so. Depression was gotten the best of me. My health has been horrid this summer and I just don't see the reason for anything. Maybe tomorrow I will think differently.

cbridges22 08-17-2010 09:07 PM

What diet are you on?

dgrindey 08-17-2010 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh my goodness!!!! You guys are just not going to believe it but.........

I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT!!! I am going to be meeting him in an hour for dinner.

I am stunned. I met him a couple days ago and we have soo much in common. The number one thing we have in common is that we want to be good friends.

His name is Mike and he lives just a couple miles from me. Woohoo!!!

Have fun, Missy.

I so had to share with you. Oh, I do worry about what he is going to think when he sees me in person. Is he going to freak when he sees my hanging belly? Oh I could go on for hours. But, I am just going to have to let God handle it.

Whew. Calm down Missy. Calm down.

Love y'all!

Missy

Leota 08-17-2010 09:37 PM

Missy,
Tell us all about your date! What is he like? What did you wear, where did you go... we want the scoop :D

marymc 08-18-2010 03:38 AM

Missy, soundas like you had a great evening. Real friends don't care about weight. He sounds like a good friend and maybe more....

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Oh my goodness!!!! You guys are just not going to believe it but.........

I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT!!! I am going to be meeting him in an hour for dinner.

I am stunned. I met him a couple days ago and we have soo much in common. The number one thing we have in common is that we want to be good friends.

His name is Mike and he lives just a couple miles from me. Woohoo!!!

I so had to share with you. Oh, I do worry about what he is going to think when he sees me in person. Is he going to freak when he sees my hanging belly? Oh I could go on for hours. But, I am just going to have to let God handle it.

Whew. Calm down Missy. Calm down.

Love y'all!

Missy

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS I want details and remember you are a good girl NO S*X on the first date!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Oh my goo'ness!!! He was such a gentleman. He opened the door for me. After a few hours at the restuarant we went to his apartment and watched a movie and then I came home. No s*x, just a sweet hug when I left.

Oh, and this is a great thing...he lives on the third floor of his apartment building so I was able to walk up three flights of stairs and boy was it a workout! But I didn't huff and puff, I just walked up them slowly. I did not think I had it in me to do that!

Tomorrow I go to see the internist at the hospital and weigh in, so it should be interesting.

Woohoo! Oh, by the way, his name is Mike. :)

I am having him over here on Friday night. I am making Mexican food for us. He will get to meet my parents and get to spend the evening with me.

I am just so happy. My mom came bouncing up the stairs when I got home. She was shouting "details details!!" Hehe. So funny.

It was so nice to be treated like a girl and to have someone dote on me. I have never had that before. Yay for gentlemen!!

Missy

It sounds like you had a really nice 1st date. Nothing like boosting the adrenolin (sp?) I am happy for you Missy, you deserve to be treated like a lady and opening the door for you, my kind of guy. You never told us, how did you met????????

We met through an online dating website. I was very sceptical at first but when I read ALL of his profile and I showed it to my mom we both were like "this guys needs to know I am out here!" It was so cool. We talked online and emailed and it was just so nice. We found out that we go to the same mental health center and we have the same doctors and a million interests that are the same. It is just so wonderful to "click" with another person like this!

My mom is so happy for us. So, Friday night we are all going to eat together and let my parents get to know him too. He is a bit nervous but he has nothing to be nervous about! :)

You know, just before I left to meet him at the restaurant last night, he messaged me and told me to relax because there was nothing to be nervous about. How uncanny is that that we both think the same thing! Wow. :)

I just feel so happy to have a new friend and possibly more with him. Such a happy feeling!

Oh one of the first things my mom asked me when I got home was did I have s*x with him? I said (loudly) "NOOO mom. We are good friends and we want to wait." She just looked at me and said, "I knew I raised you right!." LOL MOMS!

I am so glad I was able to share this experience with you guys! I am about to leave to go to my appointment with the internist at the hospital. I will weigh in also. A bit nervous but it is what it is.

I hope you guys are having a good day so far!

Missy

Gwyn 08-18-2010 06:06 AM

This may seem like I'm in left field, but... I have discovered an article that is worth looking at.

I don't know about all of you, but the worst part of my healthy day is my unhealthy evening and night. I find myself waking up to get something to eat. Hungry? No. Bored? I don't know. But that ice cream is calling my name and I can't resist.

For some reason, this Weight Watchers article was at the top of my emails today. Figured I had better share. If a particular suggestion works well for you, please tell us about it. Follow this link:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...=75741&sc=4393

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 11:41 AM

Oh my goo'ness!!! You guys are so not going to believe this but........

I lost 10.8 more pounds (for a grand total of almost 50 since April). My surgeon said that she talked to the psychologist and decided that the lap band was best for me because of my psychiatric meds and how they are absorbed. So, no problem there.

I will probably have the surgery in October/November December at the latest. Yay!

I also got a call from Mike and he wants me to come over this evening and watch some tv or movies. Yay! I am so happy when I am talking to him or with him. This is such a sweet time for me. I just cannot explain how all of this makes me feel. Happy. Silly. Excited. Overwhelmed. Just tons of feelings. I am really glad I am able to share this with you.

I juat ordered my clothes to wear at my sister's wedding in October. I just hope they fit me then. Hah! Wouldn't that be great if they were too big for me?!?! I would never be so happy to have clothes that did not fit as I would be then. :D:D:D:D

I hope you guys are doing well...I miss the chatter here. What is up? Is everyone away or quiet or tired of reading what I write? Hmmm??

Missy

Psychomomquilter 08-18-2010 11:45 AM

Positive Mental Attitude!

you can if you think you can, whats the use? no one cares? get off that ok? there are people that do care, find something interesting to do, get out and find someone thats lomnely, that needs someone to takk to, just get out and walk around the block, you don't feel like walking? well you have to get motivated to do something with the rest of your life! not sit there and let it pass you by.

If nothing else, God loves you faults and all!get that quilt out and work it! I love to crochet, and someone told me this years ago. crocheting is a way to release those anxieties, the knots are called "worry nots" think on it , you might get it.The thing is, are you making food your god? Do you really want to lose weight,
No matter what it seems like feel or looks, you are a person, unique one of a kind and no one is made just like you. You are God's creation, fat and all, thin and all tall, small etc.
I would rather be healthy than sick, not take medications the rest of my life. apprecioate what you do have, look in the mirror, I am a KINGS kid, and so on, I know you can do it! Ice cream is good, 1/2 cup is fine, do that weight watchers, get your mind set on what you want, not what everybody else wants. Pamper yourself! put some make up on, color your hair, put a different color on! go wild!are you younger than 50? older? if older have the hormones checked. I'd like to see this group more positively motivated. Sure you can't do it alone! Been there done that. I have lost 30 pounds since January. I have another 30 to go.I know weight watchers may be pricy, but they have excellent programs for someone to do and can reach their goals. take it one day at a time. Depression is not healthy, I was with weight watchers for 10 weeks, and if you learn how to do servings instead of portions, you have won part of the battle.
Sorry this is so long, if you need someone to talk to , then do it! we all are here!

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by marygrether
Positive Mental Attitude!

you can if you think you can, whats the use? no one cares? get off that ok? there are people that do care, find something interesting to do, get out and find someone thats lomnely, that needs someone to takk to, just get out and walk around the block, you don't feel like walking? well you have to get motivated to do something with the rest of your life! not sit there and let it pass you by.

If nothing else, God loves you faults and all!get that quilt out and work it! I love to crochet, and someone told me this years ago. crocheting is a way to release those anxieties, the knots are called "worry nots" think on it , you might get it.The thing is, are you making food your god? Do you really want to lose weight,
No matter what it seems like feel or looks, you are a person, unique one of a kind and no one is made just like you. You are God's creation, fat and all, thin and all tall, small etc.
I would rather be healthy than sick, not take medications the rest of my life. apprecioate what you do have, look in the mirror, I am a KINGS kid, and so on, I know you can do it! Ice cream is good, 1/2 cup is fine, do that weight watchers, get your mind set on what you want, not what everybody else wants. Pamper yourself! put some make up on, color your hair, put a different color on! go wild!are you younger than 50? older? if older have the hormones checked. I'd like to see this group more positively motivated. Sure you can't do it alone! Been there done that. I have lost 30 pounds since January. I have another 30 to go.I know weight watchers may be pricy, but they have excellent programs for someone to do and can reach their goals. take it one day at a time. Depression is not healthy, I was with weight watchers for 10 weeks, and if you learn how to do servings instead of portions, you have won part of the battle.
Sorry this is so long, if you need someone to talk to , then do it! we all are here!

Very good Mary! I really take the "think positive" to heart these days. I was worried but am doing better. Thank you for the reminder to stay on track. :D

Missy