Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

Psychomomquilter 08-18-2010 06:01 PM

hmmmm, no I haven't checked the classifieds here! thanks I will check that out.

CAROLJ 08-18-2010 07:16 PM

Gwen, I bet the problem is your blood sugar is dropping, which wakes you up. Try eating a protein about and hour or two before going to bed. This may keep the sugar level from dropping and you waking up hungry. My dad is a diebetic and this is the advice given.

Carol

CAROLJ 08-18-2010 07:17 PM

Missy, great job on the weight loss.

marymc 08-19-2010 04:02 AM

It's good to hear about everyone's progress on this weight loss journey and it is a journey. We need to work at it for life in most cases. I have had my weight go up and down so many times in my years. I feel lucky in the fact that it never gets real high and has not caused any health problems. I try to walk every dy and eat sensibly. Right now I am about 25 pounds heavier than I would like. July I really tried to do well and I lost 1 pound. august has been pretty much a bust...and vacation starts this week end. Wewll I guess i will just continue to do my best and try not to pick up any more bad habits. You guys all keep up your good work and continue to offer support. Friends who support without judging are our best diet aid!

quilting memaw 08-19-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by quilting memaw
I'm in to....

Sorry I need to drop out. I'm having trouble finding material for the last months winner. Things have been really upside down and I have not made time for me....

trupeach1 08-19-2010 07:08 AM

I'm in to....

Sorry I need to drop out. I'm having trouble finding material for the last months winner. Things have been really upside down and I have not made time for me....

don't go crazy looking for CW as always a person could send the winner any FQ

trupeach1 08-19-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by marygrether
Positive Mental Attitude!

you can if you think you can, whats the use? no one cares? get off that ok? there are people that do care, find something interesting to do, get out and find someone thats lomnely, that needs someone to takk to, just get out and walk around the block, you don't feel like walking? well you have to get motivated to do something with the rest of your life! not sit there and let it pass you by.

If nothing else, God loves you faults and all!get that quilt out and work it! I love to crochet, and someone told me this years ago. crocheting is a way to release those anxieties, the knots are called "worry nots" think on it , you might get it.The thing is, are you making food your god? Do you really want to lose weight,
No matter what it seems like feel or looks, you are a person, unique one of a kind and no one is made just like you. You are God's creation, fat and all, thin and all tall, small etc.
I would rather be healthy than sick, not take medications the rest of my life. apprecioate what you do have, look in the mirror, I am a KINGS kid, and so on, I know you can do it! Ice cream is good, 1/2 cup is fine, do that weight watchers, get your mind set on what you want, not what everybody else wants. Pamper yourself! put some make up on, color your hair, put a different color on! go wild!are you younger than 50? older? if older have the hormones checked. I'd like to see this group more positively motivated. Sure you can't do it alone! Been there done that. I have lost 30 pounds since January. I have another 30 to go.I know weight watchers may be pricy, but they have excellent programs for someone to do and can reach their goals. take it one day at a time. Depression is not healthy, I was with weight watchers for 10 weeks, and if you learn how to do servings instead of portions, you have won part of the battle.
Sorry this is so long, if you need someone to talk to , then do it! we all are here!

If this is directed at me PLEASE read my PDA then tell me not to be depressed. If you knew me you would know I CAN"T walk around the block or get out. You would also know eveything else about me. I have wonderful friends here to talk to but talking will not get me my DD back now will it? If you were directing this at me it was harsh and prehaps you should have found out about me before you wrote it.

seamstome 08-19-2010 11:28 AM

Well ladies, congrats Missy! Almost everyone that I know who goes into that lap band with the right attitude and counseling does well. I have had many many patients lose 100-150 pounds. The only one that I know that didnt do well wasnt really ready to change HER life (she wanted the world to change to meet her) which doesnt seem to be an issue with you.

Im hanging in there, 1000-1200 calories a day. Im working my way up to 6 pounds lost. At 5.8 this am since this started and about 8 overall. Not enough to win but this is like a marathon, it's important that you finish.

MissyGirl 08-19-2010 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by seamstome
Well ladies, congrats Missy! Almost everyone that I know who goes into that lap band with the right attitude and counseling does well. I have had many many patients lose 100-150 pounds. The only one that I know that didnt do well wasnt really ready to change HER life (she wanted the world to change to meet her) which doesnt seem to be an issue with you.

Im hanging in there, 1000-1200 calories a day. Im working my way up to 6 pounds lost. At 5.8 this am since this started and about 8 overall. Not enough to win but this is like a marathon, it's important that you finish.

So so true. It is a marathon!

I do try to have a good attitude. I do think that is the most important part right now for me. :) I do wish I only had to lose 100-150 pounds but even the 270 pounds I need to lose seems daunting but really it is not. It is just one day at a time anyway. :)

I am spending my day today cleaning my room and doing laundry and then grocery shopping so I can cook for my new friend Mike and my parents. We are all looking forward to dinner tomorrow night with each other.

Oh, the bariatric coordinator called me a bit ago to let me know they have moved up my last meeting with the psychologist to Sept 16 just in case she goes into early labor. She is pregnant with twins. I told the coordinator that it felt kind of weird (and funny to me---you know how I am) that everything right now is hinging on someone's uterus. LMAO!! She just laughed at me, as per usual. :D

I hope everyone is doing well. How are you doing Gwyn? How about you Trupeach? I will give you a call sometime this weekend, would that work for you?

Talk to you y'all soon!

Missy

Terryl 08-19-2010 12:04 PM

Missy, where did you get that Cat in the Hat on aging? I want you to e-mail it to me :) :)