Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
No thongs for me Terryl, It would not be pretty. I could make change :twisted:

I swear it would dissappear forever on my body. Sooo bad visual. Meh.

Missy

If we're all in it together then who knows maybe we would start something new? For sure we could encourage others to try something new? Missy hurry down with that video camera, the world's awaitin

:lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:

You know I was thinking about the whole living healthier and living longer thing and although you might not have meant it this way but when we do start something new there are people that are watching us. They might take our example and work on getting healthier too. It is a really neat concept.

I would really hope it is that way and not just a concept.

I really do not think I made any sense. Oh well. It is early still.

Missy

Terryl 08-14-2010 07:14 AM

Of course you made sense. I understood you perfectly. Setting a good example, that sounds good doesn't it?

Gwyn 08-14-2010 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
here is a pet peeve of mine. When people like Del Monte or whoever package something in what looks like a single serving container (Fruit Naturalsor potato chips etc)and the label says calories sodium etc in single serving. THEN once you are eating it you realize it's actually 2 or 3 servings.

While I realize they are complying with govt regs, it feels like bait and switch...looks like a single serving! Im a grown up, just tell me the thing has 330 calories and three days of sodium, dont try to trick me.

Off my soapbox! ;)

I think it is a gimmick. It seems to me they have found a calorie count number that most people like. I think it somewhere between 80 and 150 calories per serving. They even tell you a Snickers bar has 100+ calories PER SERVING which is exactly 1/3 of the candy bar. Who eats one bite and leaves the rest

:P I think they are trying to keep everyone eating their 'healthy and low calorie' foods.

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Of course you made sense. I understood you perfectly. Setting a good example, that sounds good doesn't it?

It certainly does to me!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

Originally Posted by seamstome
here is a pet peeve of mine. When people like Del Monte or whoever package something in what looks like a single serving container (Fruit Naturalsor potato chips etc)and the label says calories sodium etc in single serving. THEN once you are eating it you realize it's actually 2 or 3 servings.

While I realize they are complying with govt regs, it feels like bait and switch...looks like a single serving! Im a grown up, just tell me the thing has 330 calories and three days of sodium, dont try to trick me.

Off my soapbox! ;)

I think it is a gimmick. It seems to me they have found a calorie count number that most people like. I think it somewhere between 80 and 150 calories per serving. They even tell you a Snickers bar has 100+ calories PER SERVING which is exactly 1/3 of the candy bar. Who eats one bite and leaves the rest

:P I think they are trying to keep everyone eating their 'healthy and low calorie' foods.

Gwyn,

I do think it is a gimmick. I think that food companies now are really getting a bundle from the American public when they say things like Snickers has 100 calories. I think it is very important that we, as the American public, read those labels and determine for ourselves what we are going to eat. Gone are the days when we could just randomly eat things without a clue as to what we are eating.

In my local Safeway all of the organic produce is in the front part of the produce section. So, when you see the peaches up front they are the more expensive organic varieties. You have to wiggle through the section to find the regular produce. I think that there are some foods that are great as organic but there are others that are no different than the regular items. So, I think that my Safeway is all about the almighty dollar instead of what genuinely is better for their customers. But there is nothing new about that!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you that have struggled with staying on the diet wagon, this picture is for you. And well, me too. Meh.

CAROLJ 08-14-2010 09:41 AM

The problem with organic is there are no standards to what constitutes organic.
It could be better than the food you get in the regular section, but on the other hand it may not. Who knows.

THE SECOND and most important issue. I looked up calories burned on pole dancing and the average is 250 - 400 calories. If you are an advanced pole dancer you can burn up to about 800 caories and hour. This I think is based on a 130 pound woman.

I didn't excercise this morning, the dogs were sad I didn't go. Instead I put linseed oil on the tool handles, a huge carved Indian head I have in the patio, a table and an old chicken crate. I was hot and sweaty when I finished.

I feel guilty when I don't excercise. It's like I'm wasting time and I need to get this weight off. I do need to learn patience!

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 09:57 AM

The problem with organic is there are no standards to what constitutes organic.
It could be better than the food you get in the regular section, but on the other hand it may not. Who knows.

THE SECOND and most important issue. I looked up calories burned on pole dancing and the average is 250 - 400 calories. If you are an advanced pole dancer you can burn up to about 800 caories and hour. This I think is based on a 130 pound woman.

I didn't excercise this morning, the dogs were sad I didn't go. Instead I put linseed oil on the tool handles, a huge carved Indian head I have in the patio, a table and an old chicken crate. I was hot and sweaty when I finished.

I feel guilty when I don't excercise. It's like I'm wasting time and I need to get this weight off. I do need to learn patience!

Huh. Very interesting about the pole dancing. I wonder how many calories you would burn trying to get the thong out of your butt?

Figure that one for me Carol. Then I will see how much weight I will lose in a week of digging that thong out of my butt. Ha!

Missy

CAROLJ 08-14-2010 10:00 AM

Missy, I googled "thong retrieval" but it didn't show a calories count. ;-) Although laughing 15 minutes can burn 10 - 40 calories. I would laugh that long watching you.

MissyGirl 08-14-2010 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Missy, I googled "thong retrieval" but it didn't show a calories count. ;-)

BWAHAHA!!

Missy