Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

candlequilter 08-09-2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by newquilter10
Trying to lose weight with WW. Had lost 25 pounds but this summer I have put on 4. I seem to lose it, gain it and lose it again. I am camping here with a group now and it seems all is centered around food.

I fell into a trap while playing cards this evening, someone asked me if we should have cinnamon rolls for the group. I said that would be fine as I would have already had my breakfast by then, 9AM, she gave me the rolls and said she did not have pan to bake them in. One of the other gals offered her their pan and of course she already had me!!!!

I also have a WW blackberry cobbler to make tomorrow and a meat loaf. Both will require use of the convection oven and the air is running like crazy because it is so hot.

Live and learn, next time I will tell her I don't care what you do as I do not eat them anyway.

Sorry to vent on your board.

Don't feel sorry about venting! We all do it at some point or other and we usually end up feeling much better afterwards. Plus it is great to get the feedback and laughs (when appropriate) from others. It has to be hard camping and being around a group when all they talk about is food, especially fattening food. Keep strong and if you slip you do and start over again.

CAROLJ 08-09-2010 07:02 PM

Hi newquilter10, glad you're here.

Do you like the WW food?

I increased my cycling speed about 30%. It doesn't say much, I've gone from under 6 mph to a bit over 9. The problem is I lost more weight at 5.6 than at 9.3 because I haven't incresed the time. I have to increase my time to be at least one hour to lose the calories I want. But, I'm still pretty proud of myself for increasing my speed.

Hey Missy, Terryl, I missed you at dinner. I changed my mind on the salmon I had chicken with mole sauce and a salad. I was cooking beans to go with it all but they weren't soft by dinner.

Do you have a recipe for your salmon Terryl? I either bake mine or grill it. Today I used Montreal Steak seasoning, a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a rub, then baked it. It was soooo good!

I buy the salmon at Costco, in the bag. It is individualy wrapped fillets, I split each fillet in half, I figure that is about 3 ozs.

MissyGirl 08-09-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by newquilter10
Trying to lose weight with WW. Had lost 25 pounds but this summer I have put on 4. I seem to lose it, gain it and lose it again. I am camping here with a group now and it seems all is centered around food.

I fell into a trap while playing cards this evening, someone asked me if we should have cinnamon rolls for the group. I said that would be fine as I would have already had my breakfast by then, 9AM, she gave me the rolls and said she did not have pan to bake them in. One of the other gals offered her their pan and of course she already had me!!!!

I also have a WW blackberry cobbler to make tomorrow and a meat loaf. Both will require use of the convection oven and the air is running like crazy because it is so hot.

Live and learn, next time I will tell her I don't care what you do as I do not eat them anyway.

Sorry to vent on your board.

Vent away Linda! That is what we are here for. Just hang in there and know we are here for you.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-09-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Do you like the WW food?

I increased my cycling speed about 30%. It doesn't say much, I've gone from under 6 mph to a bit over 9. The problem is I lost more weight at 5.6 than at 9.3 because I haven't incresed the time. I have to increase my time to be at least one hour to lose the calories I want. But, I'm still pretty proud of myself for increasing my speed.

Hey Missy, Terryl, I missed you at dinner. I changed my mind on the salmon I had chicken with mole sauce and a salad. I was cooking beans to go with it all but they weren't soft by dinner.

Do you have a recipe for your salmon Terryl? I either bake mine or grill it. Today I used Montreal Steak seasoning, a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a rub, then baked it. It was soooo good!

I buy the salmon at Costco, in the bag. It is individualy wrapped fillets, I split each fillet in half, I figure that is about 3 ozs.

I missed you too!! Chicken with mole sauce! Oh my word. DELISH! Mexican food is my all time favorite food. I swear that is the only reason I married my ex-husband (He is from Mexico). I so LOVE mole.

You are right on the weight of those fillets. I weighed mine today and they weigh right in at 6 oz each.

I am thinking along the same lines as you wrote about the length of time you are exercising vs the level you are at. I walk the channel in our local indoor pool. I think if I increase my time I walk instead of adding weights that I will get better results. That is the same thinking that my dietician said when I asked her about it last week.

Keep up the good work y'all!! I am going to the pool first thing in the morning then to have my session with my therapist and then pick up my glasses that are ready. Whew. I am tired already.

Heh.

Missy

CAROLJ 08-09-2010 07:29 PM

This isn't about weight loss, but... I finished a top for the Crisis Pregnancy Center, it seems to be to small. Does anyone know what a baby quilt should measure?

zennia 08-10-2010 03:52 AM

Found a very interesting site with many ideas and a good summer recipe using zucchini.
http://www.quickandsimple.com/recipe...lick=recipe_sr

Terryl 08-10-2010 06:49 AM

Do you like the WW food?

That was a photo of Missy's salmon and it looked Delicious

:mrgreen: would love to have that receipe myself. When I make my salmon, I use my George Forman grill and while it's grilling I make a sort of glaze/sauce for it. I use a tablespoon of sugarfree orange marmalade and some fresh chopped basil, usually at least a teaspoon of basil, sometimes more, I also adjust the marmalade depending on how many servings I'm making. Once I take the fish off the grill, I immediately put the glaze on it and cover it with a microwave lid for a couple of minutes so the sauce melts over the fish. Yummy.... I tend to have a sweet tooth where salmon is concerned, I usually have either yellow or brown rice, and grilled veggies with my salmon. Occasionally I will marinate my salmon in a teriyaki baste and glaze then grill it. Hope you girls give my orange marmalade a try, it really is good.

CAROLJ 08-10-2010 07:38 AM

I never had a sweet glaze on my salmon, I'll give it a try.

CAROLJ 08-10-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
Found a very interesting site with many ideas and a good summer recipe using zucchini.
http://www.quickandsimple.com/recipe...lick=recipe_sr

THAT LOOKS GOOD!

trupeach1 08-10-2010 07:57 AM

This isn't about weight loss, but... I finished a top for the Crisis Pregnancy Center, it seems to be to small. Does anyone know what a baby quilt should measure?

I make them 32x42 it fix's perfectly in a crib. I know some people make them bigger which seems more toddler size to me. What size is yours????? I made them for the Crisis Pregnancy Center and they take all sizes even small ones, some baby's weigh about 5 lbs. I know 24x24 is for a premie.