Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

CAROLJ 08-06-2010 07:53 AM

I went to doctor the other day for my annual check up. She suggested that I add stretching excercises to my routine. She said that by doing stretches it will help to keep the skin from sagging. One suggesstion she made was Yoga. She said I would feel awkward at first until I picked up the routine.

MissyGirl 08-06-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I went to doctor the other day for my annual check up. She suggested that I add stretching excercises to my routine. She said that by doing stretches it will help to keep the skin from sagging. One suggesstion she made was Yoga. She said I would feel awkward at first until I picked up the routine.

Wow I never even considered yoga being a help towards the loose skin. Hmmm...

Missy

Demshine 08-06-2010 02:43 PM

I've already lost 5 pounds! But I'm thinking that it is all water because my once tight shoes are now very loose.

MissyGirl 08-06-2010 02:46 PM

Congrat Demshine!!! That is so wonderful!! Oh btw I used to live in Citrus Heights. Small world!

Keep on going cause you are on the right path!

Missy

Terryl 08-06-2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Demshine
I've already lost 5 pounds! But I'm thinking that it is all water because my once tight shoes are now very loose.

Yea Demshine way to go
:thumbup: I'm not going to re-weigh myself until the 31st. I am going to do the best I can til then and HOPE for a happy surprise. I tend to get discouraged if I don't see results right away so this will keep my spirits up :lol: :lol:
I did well last nite, 1/2 cantelope with a cup of chicken salad and 20 small grapes.
Today off to another bad start, no breakfast, (because of my meds) and then busy at work so no break until lunch, not a bad lunch, a chicken sandwich on mulit-grain bread with a glass of iced tea. Not sure what dinner will be. But I'll be sure to "fess up " in the morning :lol: :roll: :lol:

MissyGirl 08-06-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl

Originally Posted by Demshine

Yea Demshine way to go
:thumbup: I'm not going to re-weigh myself until the 31st. I am going to do the best I can til then and HOPE for a happy surprise. I tend to get discouraged if I don't see results right away so this will keep my spirits up :lol: :lol:
I did well last nite, 1/2 cantelope with a cup of chicken salad and 20 small grapes.
Today off to another bad start, no breakfast, (because of my meds) and then busy at work so no break until lunch, not a bad lunch, a chicken sandwich on mulit-grain bread with a glass of iced tea. Not sure what dinner will be. But I'll be sure to "fess up " in the morning :lol: :roll: :lol:

Terrel,

I skipped breakfast today too. I had to go to the mental health center to fill my medbox for the week and I just plain was too lazy to get up earlier. Bad move on my part.

I received my order from Vitalicious. I ordered 2 dozen banana nut vitatops and 2 dozen corn vitatops. I so love those vitalicious products. I just cannot say enough good things about them. Yumm-O.

I noticed yesterday that I was drinking a ton of diet soda. By a ton I mean 5 or 6 cans. WAY BAD. So, today I focused on water with the benefiber in it. No diet soda today at all. I am going to work hard at not drinking those. It is not easy because here in my home my parents drink an enormous amount of soda. Not going to be easy but I do think it is a good move on my part to stop drinking them.

I am still reading the Eat This Not That books. Sooo informational.

This weekend I am going to try and rest up because I am still dragging from my vacation. Then on Monday it is back to the pool for the channel walking.

I guess this is all I can do.

Missy

Leota 08-06-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Nutrition Nuggets (from Cook This Not That)

*American has more obese people than overweight people.
*1 medium carrot has 340 percent of your daily vitamin A.
*Whole Wheat flour has 470 percent more fiber than white flour
*Frozen peas have as much as 5 times as much vitamin C as canned peas
*A typical serving of potatoes has nearly 5 times as many antioxidants as a typical serving of broccoli.
*Your blood sugar rises 39 percent less if you toast your white bread.
*Adding blueberries instead of strawberries to your cereal will more than double your antioxidant intake.
*People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes.

I just thought I would share what I have been reading tonight. My order of all six books of the Eat This Not That series arrived today and I have been deeply engrossed in reading them. Fascinating information. They are inexpensive and chocked FULL of information that I might not have otherwise known.

I hope everyone is having a good night!

Missy

Ok, here is why "People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes". They are always bending over and picking it up off the floor when it slides off their laps. They get more exercise :D

missgigglewings 08-07-2010 04:28 AM

Today I am spending the day with my daughter. She has a scale in her bathroom! Enough said!!

Wish me luck...I will report in when I get home this evening.

Terryl 08-07-2010 05:43 AM

Not a too bad dinner last nite, I had a LARGE salad and 1 slice of pizza, (cheese only). Could have done better, but today is another day. Not skipping breakfast today, I brought a Jimmy Dean D'lite turkey sausage, egg white, whole grain english muffin sandwich to work with me :) :) Also brought an apple and a peach for lunch. Hoping dinner won't be too much of a challenge. DD and her husband are coming down for the afternoon and we will probably go out for dinner. Maybe they'll let me choose the restaurant and we'll have fresh fish. Both of my girls are petite and have no weight issues so they do the infamous eye roll when I mention trying to have better eating habits. One day they'll be my age and have health issues then they'll understand, just the way my mother told me it would happen to me one day. LOL LOL Of course it was never gonna happen to me cause I'm "different". To be young and naieve (sp?) again. Missy how many weight watcher points are those vitatops? I sometimes see them in the grocery store but don't buy them as I'm not sure about them, my biggest health issue is diabetes so I usually skip past muffins.

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leota

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Nutrition Nuggets (from Cook This Not That)

*American has more obese people than overweight people.
*1 medium carrot has 340 percent of your daily vitamin A.
*Whole Wheat flour has 470 percent more fiber than white flour
*Frozen peas have as much as 5 times as much vitamin C as canned peas
*A typical serving of potatoes has nearly 5 times as many antioxidants as a typical serving of broccoli.
*Your blood sugar rises 39 percent less if you toast your white bread.
*Adding blueberries instead of strawberries to your cereal will more than double your antioxidant intake.
*People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes.

I just thought I would share what I have been reading tonight. My order of all six books of the Eat This Not That series arrived today and I have been deeply engrossed in reading them. Fascinating information. They are inexpensive and chocked FULL of information that I might not have otherwise known.

I hope everyone is having a good night!

Missy

Ok, here is why "People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes". They are always bending over and picking it up off the floor when it slides off their laps. They get more exercise :D

Oh now THAT explains it!!! HAHA!

Missy