Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

Leota 08-05-2010 12:28 PM

Yes, sharing everything does help in keeping us on track.
Keep focused and you will make it.

trupeach1 08-05-2010 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Leota

Originally Posted by trupeach1
DS is visiting and I have a chocolate cream pie in the fridge calling my name...............HELP!!!!!!!!!

Are you really hungry? or are you stressed, bored, tired need to go to bed because it late?
Any of the above will cause the body to react to the fridge.
Eat a dill pickle. Drink a glass of chilled water with a slice of lemon in it.

I guess you didn't read the comment after this, I had a hot fudge sundae. It was none of the above, I wasn't hungry or bored etc. I wanted it because I NEVER have things like that in the house. I bake pies when DS is home not when it is only me and Joyce. Joyce likes cake and I am not a big cake fan. I NEVER EVER have ice cream in the freezer, Joyce throws up when she eats it. This has been since she was a child.

trupeach1 08-05-2010 12:40 PM

[quote=Terryl for lunch I had a serving of special K blueberry with a cup of light yogurt. I don't care for milk so I use yogurt on my cereals makes the yogurt crunchy :))[/quote]

Sounds gross tastes yummmmmmoooooo, replace milk in the cereal with a cup of coffee.

CAROLJ 08-05-2010 12:57 PM

I found that I am doing better just cutting out little things at a time. To do it all at once was overwhelming. A little adjustment here (add excercise) another adjustment there (drink more water, eat more salads/vegatables) has been working for me. I will keep nudging my lifestyle until it is something I can live with and be healthy. As circumstances change I believe I will always have to make these adjustment.
I was also told not to diet on a daily basis, but to plan a higher calorie meal once in a while as it keeps us happy. I had a candy bar a couple weeks ago, but it was planned for, adjustments were made in my calories. But the important thing is I had no guilt, plus as it was planned for it didn't start me on a binge.

This may not work for you all, but it has helped me.

Terryl 08-05-2010 12:59 PM

[quote=trupeach1]

Originally Posted by Terryl for lunch I had a serving of special K blueberry with a cup of light yogurt. I don't care for milk so I use yogurt on my cereals makes the yogurt crunchy :))[/quote

Sounds gross tastes yummmmmmoooooo, replace milk in the cereal with a cup of coffee.

I used to work with a girl that used orange juice instead of milk as she was lactose intolorant never had the courage to try it myself. I love coffee but not sure I'm brave enough to try it on cereal. Something new to think about.

seamstome 08-05-2010 01:19 PM

Just got some fresh blackberries....guess what Im having for dinner!

MissyGirl 08-05-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome

YUMM-O!!!

Missy

Terryl 08-05-2010 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome

Blackberry cobbler?

:lol: :roll: :lol:

Leota 08-05-2010 01:28 PM

[quote=Terryl]

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by Terryl for lunch I had a serving of special K blueberry with a cup of light yogurt. I don't care for milk so I use yogurt on my cereals makes the yogurt crunchy :))[/quote

I used to work with a girl that used orange juice instead of milk as she was lactose intolorant never had the courage to try it myself. I love coffee but not sure I'm brave enough to try it on cereal. Something new to think about.

When my dd were in grade school they used OJ in place of milk on their cereal. I thought they were a bit strange. But they are healthy adults now so....

fryguymoore 08-05-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I found that I am doing better just cutting out little things at a time. To do it all at once was overwhelming. A little adjustment here (add excercise) another adjustment there (drink more water, eat more salads/vegatables) has been working for me. I will keep nudging my lifestyle until it is something I can live with and be healthy. As circumstances change I believe I will always have to make these adjustment.
I was also told not to diet on a daily basis, but to plan a higher calorie meal once in a while as it keeps us happy. I had a candy bar a couple weeks ago, but it was planned for, adjustments were made in my calories. But the important thing is I had no guilt, plus as it was planned for it didn't start me on a binge.

This may not work for you all, but it has helped me.

This a very much like a book that has helped me a lot called, Habits Not Diets.