Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leota

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Nutrition Nuggets (from Cook This Not That)

*American has more obese people than overweight people.
*1 medium carrot has 340 percent of your daily vitamin A.
*Whole Wheat flour has 470 percent more fiber than white flour
*Frozen peas have as much as 5 times as much vitamin C as canned peas
*A typical serving of potatoes has nearly 5 times as many antioxidants as a typical serving of broccoli.
*Your blood sugar rises 39 percent less if you toast your white bread.
*Adding blueberries instead of strawberries to your cereal will more than double your antioxidant intake.
*People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes.

I just thought I would share what I have been reading tonight. My order of all six books of the Eat This Not That series arrived today and I have been deeply engrossed in reading them. Fascinating information. They are inexpensive and chocked FULL of information that I might not have otherwise known.

I hope everyone is having a good night!

Missy

Ok, here is why "People who eat with napkins in their laps tend to have lower body mass indexes". They are always bending over and picking it up off the floor when it slides off their laps. They get more exercise :D

Oh now THAT explains it!!! HAHA!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Not a too bad dinner last nite, I had a LARGE salad and 1 slice of pizza, (cheese only). Could have done better, but today is another day. Not skipping breakfast today, I brought a Jimmy Dean D'lite turkey sausage, egg white, whole grain english muffin sandwich to work with me :) :) Also brought an apple and a peach for lunch. Hoping dinner won't be too much of a challenge. DD and her husband are coming down for the afternoon and we will probably go out for dinner. Maybe they'll let me choose the restaurant and we'll have fresh fish. Both of my girls are petite and have no weight issues so they do the infamous eye roll when I mention trying to have better eating habits. One day they'll be my age and have health issues then they'll understand, just the way my mother told me it would happen to me one day. LOL LOL Of course it was never gonna happen to me cause I'm "different". To be young and naieve (sp?) again. Missy how many weight watcher points are those vitatops? I sometimes see them in the grocery store but don't buy them as I'm not sure about them, my biggest health issue is diabetes so I usually skip past muffins.

Terryl,

You know I do not know how many points are in them. I just know they have 100 calories. Their website is www.vitalicious.com maybe one of us can find that information on their site. I will go there now to see what I can find. If I can't find it, I will call them.

Missy

Terryl 08-07-2010 07:38 AM

Missy you're the best :thumbup: :thumbup: I totally love this site. Everyone is so supportive and helpful :D :-D

CAROLJ 08-07-2010 09:21 AM

How come my husband, who wants to lose twenty pounds, starts eating a salad for lunch and has dropped 7 pounds, and I eat 1,200 calories or less a day, excercise daily for an hour or longer, only drop about a pound a week? (It took him a month.)

You don't have to answer, this is just a rhetorical question. I know the answer, and it stinks :? I just wanted to vent a bit. I didn't want to focus my frustration at him as he is really supporting my losing weight. I'm lucky.

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Missy you're the best :thumbup: :thumbup: I totally love this site. Everyone is so supportive and helpful :D :-D

Thank you Terryl! There is only one point in the vitatop.

I hope you try them soon. They are yumm-o!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
How come my husband, who wants to lose twenty pounds, starts eating a salad for lunch and has dropped 7 pounds, and I eat 1,200 calories or less a day, excercise daily for an hour or longer, only drop about a pound a week? (It took him a month.)

You don't have to answer, this is just a rhetorical question. I know the answer, and it stinks :? I just wanted to vent a bit. I didn't want to focus my frustration at him as he is really supporting my losing weight. I'm lucky.

It is a good thing to have a supportive husband! I hear you on the frustration though. Hang in there.

Missy

jacie 08-07-2010 01:18 PM

lived in Kyle, s.d. for a spell, and our treat once a month was going up to Rapids City.... loved it there,however, our visit always included a trip to fine restraunts, and that was easy to justify dessert even....oh, LOL, wish I had left all that dessert and fry bread alone!!

jacie

MissyGirl 08-07-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
lived in Kyle, s.d. for a spell, and our treat once a month was going up to Rapids City.... loved it there,however, our visit always included a trip to fine restraunts, and that was easy to justify dessert even....oh, LOL, wish I had left all that dessert and fry bread alone!!

jacie

Oh I so understand!! Right now we are at the very first day of the harley davidson motorcicle rally. Argh. The roar of the bikes and all of the people are too much for me. They are expecting 500,000 bikers this year.

I am avoiding restaurants until after the rally.

Missy

zennia 08-07-2010 03:01 PM

Hello Everyone. I signed up for this challenge to keep me on track. I never loose much weight at a time but over time I have been loosing. I have read all your post and got some good ideas. I want to give you a site I use often www.eatingwell.com Many goos recipes there. Another tip, have you tried turkey hot dogs? I know they sound terrible but the ones I use only have 45 cals. Using them lets me have them on a roll.
Keep up the good work everyone and keep up all your ideas.

jacie 08-07-2010 05:28 PM

hi missy: you got it right, is that just Harley, or are you talking about the rally in sturgis? I was there in Sturgis ONE time, once was enough.....went with my brother, and he went many times...... yikes, how can a person stand all that every year>

we have many good memories of s.d. now love Michigan again in summer, Florida in winter. looking forward to October , ready to leave already.Jacie