Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

trupeach1 08-01-2010 10:06 AM

[quote=jacie]ok, so I put my weight number in an envelope, now I need a persons addy to send it to for August? I like the choice of fabrics.......apples will be nice to find....jacie[/qu

This is how it works............ You write your weight down for today Aug. 1 you don't give or send that to anyone it is for you. You could weigh yourself whenever you want to, if you wanted to share your weight or pounds lost or gained (some of us yoyo) that is up to you. Then on Aug 31 you weigh yourself and PM me with how much weight you have lost for the month of Aug. Then the person who lost the most weight will get FQ's from the people who lost less weight. I will announce the winner on Sept 1 and then you have to PM the winner for their home address.

fratcat 08-01-2010 10:17 AM

I am ready. I weighed today and purchased a note book so that i can keep track of the food I am eating. Stepped at lqs and also purchased my fabric for the winner. I am ready to go. good luck to all of us.

trupeach1 08-01-2010 10:20 AM

I announced it on the July thread but I decided to announce it here also. The winner of the July weight loss challenge losing 11 punds is...........drum roll..........GWYN!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats GWYN!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH and today is Gwyns birthday what a nice surprise for her to be the biggest loser!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheriefaye2008 08-01-2010 10:34 AM

Congrats Gwyn! Enjoy your prizes! Any tips for this month?

Cheriefaye2008 08-01-2010 10:35 AM

Missygirl- thank you for sharing the link. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat out a lot, but I like the grocery store guide where you can compare different items based on nutritional values.

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I announced it on the July thread but I decided to announce it here also. The winner of the July weight loss challenge losing 11 punds is...........drum roll..........GWYN!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats GWYN!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY GWYN!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so wonderful!!!

I am so proud of you.

Missy

zz-pd 08-01-2010 02:22 PM

I am sorry I can't play, But I really can't afford to lose any more weight. I have lost over a hundred pounds from pain, and I am still losing. My now size 8 jeans are getting baggy. They are worried about cancer, but cant afford to have test done. We just trust in the lord to see us through. God bless. Penny

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
Missygirl- thank you for sharing the link. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat out a lot, but I like the grocery store guide where you can compare different items based on nutritional values.

You are so welcome!

Missy

cntrygal51 08-01-2010 02:26 PM

I'm in for August. I forgot to post my weight loss for the month of July. I lost 9 3/4 lbs for the month of July. Hope everyone did great. Good luck to everyone this month too !!!!

cntrygal51 08-01-2010 02:27 PM

Happy Birthday Gwen. Hope your day was a great one.