Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
I am sorry I can't play, But I really can't afford to lose any more weight. I have lost over a hundred pounds from pain, and I am still losing. My now size 8 jeans are getting baggy. They are worried about cancer, but cant afford to have test done. We just trust in the lord to see us through. God bless. Penny

Penny,

I am so sorry you have been in so much pain. I will pray for you that you will have relief from the pain and that you do not have cancer.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gwyn suggested I post a photo of my old (read: BIG) bra and the new smaller one right next to it. So, here is the photo.

I will say that the larger one is longer than the table it was on in the picture. We had to scrunch it up a bit so that all of it would fit on the table.

Meh.

Missy

Cheriefaye2008 08-01-2010 02:51 PM

Good job Missygirl! Hope I'll be able to lose some weight "up top" but I usually lose weight in the butt/thighs/waist areas. I have been the same shirt size since I was 19, despite pregnancy and other weight fluctuations,because of my "endowments". LOL

trupeach1 08-01-2010 04:52 PM

PLEASE NOTE.......................people have been sending me their weight, I will not be keeping track of your weight. There are over 60 people that would be a full time job if I did. Write it down for yourself so that you know your starting weight and your endng weight.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgrindey 08-01-2010 05:23 PM

I am definitely in.

PattyS 08-01-2010 05:27 PM

Sign me up as I need an incentive of some sort. Don't seem to be doing too good on my own!!

trupeach1 08-01-2010 05:49 PM

I counted and re counted there are 74 playing, if someone would like to re court for me that would be great!!!!! This is 3 times the amount that usually played in past months.

17 3/4 yd of beautiful fabric...........that is certainly an incentive. I can't even imagine what that persons mailperson will think getting 73 envelopes of FQ's. It is like dying and going to quilting heaven. :D :D :D :D :D

bopa93 08-01-2010 05:56 PM

This is just what I needed to get me jump started.

Terryl 08-01-2010 05:57 PM

Do you have all names listed on one page? Or do we need to go through each page to count?

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I counted and re counted there are 74 playing, if someone would like to re court for me that would be great!!!!! This is 3 times the amount that usually played in past months.

17 3/4 yd of beautiful fabric...........that is certainly an incentive. I can't even imagine what that persons mailperson will think getting 73 envelopes of FQ's. It is like dying and going to quilting heaven. :D :D :D :D :D

Hehe. You are so funny. What is the fabric theme this month? I am going to participate in the challenge each month until I am a skinny minny but I won once and I want to let another experience the thrill of being the biggest loser. :D

I am just about 13 hours until I weigh in at the hospital. I am nervous as all get out. I did not break my diet very often over the last few weeks but that part of my brain that insists on being paranoid is on high alert tonight. *sigh*

Pray hard people! Pray hard that I am at least one pound less. *snort*

Missy