Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

CAROLJ 08-01-2010 06:15 PM

Ok, I did good today, swimming and 7 miles on the bike. I am counting calories. I have a few more left to use for today. I lost more wieght when I wasn't counting calories, but, counting them has really opened my eyes to some of the food I thought was OK, isn't.

I started adding aerobic excercise to my routine. Just calisthenics I can do while involved in another activity, arm rotations etc. Not much but it's a start.

This is a delicate question. Has anyone had a problem with irregularity since cutting back on food?

CAROLJ 08-01-2010 06:21 PM

Missy don't worry.

In church today the minister spoke about futile thinking. That is thinking that doesn't help anything. He said we need to look at things in a positive light.`

So look at what you have done on the positive side this month. Stayed on your diet most of the time. Had a good vacation and stayed on your diet most of the time. Helped and encouraged people (me) on this thread. Shared your pain and joy with others to help them. So no matter if you lost, gained or maintained, you are still a winner.

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Ok, I did good today, swimming and 7 miles on the bike. I am counting calories. I have a few more left to use for today. I lost more wieght when I wasn't counting calories, but, counting them has really opened my eyes to some of the food I thought was OK, isn't.

I started adding aerobic excercise to my routine. Just calisthenics I can do while involved in another activity, arm rotations etc. Not much but it's a start.

This is a delicate question. Has anyone had a problem with irregularity since cutting back on food?

Carol,

I have had issues with irregularity but I am now eating Activia Light and drinking water with Benefiber every single day. It works miracles and I am getting all the fiber I need for the day in just one glass of water. The Activia helps tons too. It is easily the yummiest lowfat yogurt I have eaten. I love it.

Missy

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Missy don't worry.

In church today the minister spoke about futile thinking. That is thinking that doesn't help anything. He said we need to look at things in a positive light.`

So look at what you have done on the positive side this month. Stayed on your diet most of the time. Had a good vacation and stayed on your diet most of the time. Helped and encouraged people (me) on this thread. Shared your pain and joy with others to help them. So no matter if you lost, gained or maintained, you are still a winner.

Thank you so much Carol. That was so sweet and true. It just feels so scary to think that I work so hard and might not have any results or maybe if I have a gain this weigh in then maybe they will not let me have the surgery. I am going to work hard to try and think the way you have suggested. I think it will help me more than the way I have been thinking.

I posted that picture of my old bra vs the new one and after I hit send I got worried that y'all are going to think less than me for being so large to start with and blah blah blah. I am just going to have to knock that off. It is not helping me lose the weight.

So, I am just going to pray and leave it to God.

Missy

kajaza 08-01-2010 06:49 PM

Woohoo!! I got the lucky persons fat quarter today at the Maine Quilt Show i couldnt resist it looked really yummy!! Good Luck to All!!

trupeach1 08-01-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Do you have all names listed on one page? Or do we need to go through each page to count?

They are not listed on 1 page, I had to go through each page.

Demshine 08-01-2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I counted and re counted there are 74 playing, if someone would like to re court for me that would be great!!!!! This is 3 times the amount that usually played in past months.

17 3/4 yd of beautiful fabric...........that is certainly an incentive. I can't even imagine what that persons mailperson will think getting 73 envelopes of FQ's. It is like dying and going to quilting heaven. :D :D :D :D :D

So does that mean that if there is more than one winner, we have to send a fat quarter to each winner? How are you going to decide that? With 73 people playing there could be 3 or 4 winners. That means that we should have a few fq just in case?

Philarena 08-01-2010 09:42 PM

If anyone thinks less of you, Missy Girl, because of your starting size, or of me because I'm getting larger because of the steroids the Dr. gives me when my asthma and COPD act up, or of someone else who has another problem, then we need to pray for them. They are the one with the serious problem. You are doing the right thing! You are losing weight and learning to lean on God and I commend you for both of those things. So the next time that fear of ridicule comes to mind, if a person's face is associated with that fear - pray for that person and ask God to take away all fear of what 'man' can do to you! Know always that God supports you; and you can always find some of us who are willing to support you, also. Count me in for one and I'm sure you know of others who are willing to support you.
God Bless you!

Your Quilting Sister,

Philarena

Demshine 08-01-2010 10:21 PM

There are a total of 77 of us that signed up for the August challenge! Sorry if I miss-spelled your login name
Here in alphabetical order:
1 agce
2 amym
3 anniec55
4 beachlady
5 bluesnowdoe
6 bopa93
7 brewsa
8 Calla
9 candlequilter
10 carrolj
11 cat18