Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

trupeach1 08-20-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by trupeach1
it's Friday Missy soooooooooooooo time for your next date.

It sure is!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are getting the house ready and in a while we will be going to the store to get the things we need for dinner and then I will make the dinner and so all we have to do is put it in the oven. Yay!

I am so excited!

Missy

mom will be there that's good a chaparone(sp?)

MissyGirl 08-20-2010 08:36 AM

It sure is!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are getting the house ready and in a while we will be going to the store to get the things we need for dinner and then I will make the dinner and so all we have to do is put it in the oven. Yay!

I am so excited!

Missy

Yup. Mom will be here. :D:D:D

Missy

candlequilter 08-20-2010 05:49 PM

I am so excited!

Missy

Missy

What are you fixing everyone for dinner?

MissyGirl 08-20-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

I am so excited!

Missy

Missy

What are you fixing everyone for dinner?

We had cheese enchiladas, fat free refried beans and spanish rice. We are still on the date. So ssshhhhh! I am sneaking this email in. hehehe!

Missy

Philarena 08-21-2010 03:44 AM

Missy, I am so glad this 'dating' thing is working out between you two. He seems like a very nice person and a real gentleman. You sound like you're having such a great time. I'm very happy for you!

Terryl 08-21-2010 03:47 AM

Okay Missy, we want ALL the details of last nite's date :) :) You know what they say "inquiring minds want to know" So start dishing.

MissyGirl 08-21-2010 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Philarena
Missy, I am so glad this 'dating' thing is working out between you two. He seems like a very nice person and a real gentleman. You sound like you're having such a great time. I'm very happy for you!

Aww thank you so much! Last night was so wonderful with him and my parents. He even called his mom so his mom could talk to my mom. I thought that was wonderful.

We took a couple of plates of the leftovers back to his apartment to give to his neighbor who has Down's Syndrome. You would have thought it was Christmas! He was so happy. That just made me and Mike smile and giggle with him as he scarfed the food down! *big grin*

I am going to talk to him in a bit and see how he is doing. I swear I think I have waited my whole life to have a friend like this. You just cannot imagine how sweet this is and how long I have waited for someone like him. :):):):):

MissyGirl 08-21-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Okay Missy, we want ALL the details of last nite's date :) :) You know what they say "inquiring minds want to know" So start dishing.

Well, I went to pick him up and we came here and my mom had just put the enchiladas in the oven and the beans were done and the rice was almost done. It smelled sooo good. Mike immediately said how good it smelled.

My mom and Mike just started talking and getting to know each other while I helped my mom.

We went outside (me and Mike) and visited in the cool of the evening. It was so sweet and the weather was perfect for us to be sitting outside.

When we got back inside dinner was ready. We all sat down and ate and talked. I think we talked for more than an hour. It was great. My mom just loves him.

After dinner we talked some more and then I took him home. We went to his place and gave Russ (the neighbor with Down's) his food and watched a little TV then I left and came home. After I had been home for a few minutes the phone rang and it was Mike. He wanted to let me know that he had a great time and wants to do it again. Yay!

I am in such like with him. :) Who could ask for a better best friend? :)

So, that was my evening with Mike. I wished I had taken pics of him and I. He is such a sweetheart.

How lucky am I?

Missy

Terryl 08-21-2010 08:09 AM

Well, I went to pick him up and we came here and my mom had just put the enchiladas in the oven and the beans were done and the rice was almost done. It smelled sooo good. Mike immediately said how good it smelled.

My mom and Mike just started talking and getting to know each other while I helped my mom.

We went outside (me and Mike) and visited in the cool of the evening. It was so sweet and the weather was perfect for us to be sitting outside.

When we got back inside dinner was ready. We all sat down and ate and talked. I think we talked for more than an hour. It was great. My mom just loves him.

After dinner we talked some more and then I took him home. We went to his place and gave Russ (the neighbor with Down's) his food and watched a little TV then I left and came home. After I had been home for a few minutes the phone rang and it was Mike. He wanted to let me know that he had a great time and wants to do it again. Yay!

So, that was my evening with Mike. I wished I had taken pics of him and I. He is such a sweetheart.

How lucky am I?

Missy

How lucky is he that he found such a good friend in you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Sounds like we (your board family) have more "dates" to look forward to. I, myself can hardly wait :thumbup: :thumbup:

MissyGirl 08-21-2010 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)

How lucky am I?

Missy

How lucky is he that he found such a good friend in you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Sounds like we (your board family) have more "dates" to look forward to. I, myself can hardly wait :thumbup: :thumbup:

I certainly hope there are more dates in my future! I love spending time with him. He laughs at my lame jokes and he loves my cooking. Oh how sweet this is! :D:D:D:D

Here is his picture: