Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

trupeach1 08-25-2010 06:12 AM

OK a question............. it is the 25th, I will have to start a Sept sign up thread for the challenge within the next day or so, do you think we should continue with the thread and challenge or should we do it on our own???????

missgigglewings 08-25-2010 07:08 AM

Please let's continue. This is what has helped me the most!

MissyGirl 08-25-2010 07:47 AM

Oh Trupeach...I am so sorry you are still not feeling well. I am really pulling for you that you do not gain that 19 pounds back.

I hope your DD is doing well today. Are you still getting produce from your garden? I bought some peaches today at the store and OMG they are scrumptious!! I also have some tomatoes that are going to find their way into my belly for lunch. Yumm-O!

Oh. In a bit I am going to be doing some of the work for the brunch I am having tomorrow. I am going to try and get as much done as possible.

I have no idea what to wear tomorrow. I am so worried I will not make a good impression to Mike's mom. EEEK. So worrisome.

I haven't heard from Gwyn in a while. How are you doing Gwyn?

How is everyone else doing? I hope we all take a moment to check in and let the group know how you are doing.

Take care Tru...I am here for you!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-25-2010 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK a question............. it is the 25th, I will have to start a Sept sign up thread for the challenge within the next day or so, do you think we should continue with the thread and challenge or should we do it on our own???????

CONTINUE...Puuulllleeeeezzzzz! :D

Missy

dgrindey 08-25-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hey Missy Sounds really good I love Quiche how do you make it?
It's so nice that you and Mike are including your families in your new friendship. Have a wonderful time together. It's not often that we find someone we feel so comfortable with right away.
Gail

My Aztec Quiche is the easiest quiche ever. I use a frozen deep dish pie shell. I layer in the bottom with diced green chilis then top with shredded cheese. I then whiz my eggs in the blender and pour over the cheese/chilis mixture. Pop it in the oven and bake for about an hour or so. About 3-4 minutes before it is done top with the remaining cheese.

Missy,
How about a nice bowl of fresh cold strawberries. Also, when laying out your food, you can use bowls underneath the table cloth and make different levels. It's hard to explain, but do you get the idea?

The palmiers are INCREDIBLE. Puff pastry with dijon mustard spread on the pastry before the andouille sausage is spread over it. Then you just fold over both sides of the pastry so that it kinda looks like a staple. Then back in the freezer to get hard again. Pull it out and slice with dental floss and bake. This looks so incredibly elegant but is easy peasy.

I have been debating about making blueberry scones with lemon glaze. Those are very easy too.

I just want this to be a nice brunch. I think I will use our china too. I know his mom drinks coffee so I will make some of that and I will also have juice.

I should take a picture of the table with it being set and the food on it. I have a beautiful Waverly table cloth with matching placemats and napkins.

Any ideas on anything else I can do? Hmmm....

Missy

dgrindey 08-25-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh Trupeach...I am so sorry you are still not feeling well. I am really pulling for you that you do not gain that 19 pounds back.

I hope your DD is doing well today. Are you still getting produce from your garden? I bought some peaches today at the store and OMG they are scrumptious!! I also have some tomatoes that are going to find their way into my belly for lunch. Yumm-O!

Oh. In a bit I am going to be doing some of the work for the brunch I am having tomorrow. I am going to try and get as much done as possible.

I would like to continue on. I've lost 11 lbs. and it's been hard to do. I need to lose 60 lbs. total. Well, 10 lbs at a time is good, I guess. Right now I'm discouraged because it's so slow. I do want to know where everyone is getting these great recipes and ideas? I love the idea of putting the yogurt in the freezer.
Donna

I have no idea what to wear tomorrow. I am so worried I will not make a good impression to Mike's mom. EEEK. So worrisome.

I haven't heard from Gwyn in a while. How are you doing Gwyn?

How is everyone else doing? I hope we all take a moment to check in and let the group know how you are doing.

Take care Tru...I am here for you!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-25-2010 09:10 AM

Donna,

Hang in there! It has been a long road for most of us.

As for where I get my recipes, I get them from my Eat This Not That books and from the Hungry Girl. I also do tons of web surfing for recipes.

I love using the Activia Light for the frozen popsicles because it has tons of chunky fruit and it is really good for our digestive systems. Yumm-O!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-25-2010 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Donna,

I bought some strawberries today and those will look great on the table. I am also going to make some virgin mimosas to drink. I love your idea of having the different size bowls under the tablecloth. I have to iron the tablecloth in a bit as well as everything else I need to do.

For the palmiers, I have to get my Kitchenaide attachments out so I can grind the andouille sausage. Once I grind it up then I will render it down so the excess fat is out of the sausage. I did buy some good mustard today to spread on the puff pastry. I should take some pictures of the food once it is on the table (before they arrive hopefully!).

Mike just called to tell me good morning. Isn't that sweet? He calls me every morning to tell me he is awake and to have a good day. I like him big!

I was able to buy a baguette for the croustinis straight out of the oven. Oh my it smells good! But I have to keep my cotton-pickin' fingers off of it until tomorrow. :D

I asked my case worker today when she brought my meds if she would ask my worker that comes on Thursdays if he could make me first on the list so that he is gone before Mike and his mom arrive. I hope that doesn't make me too demanding.

Well, today is going to be gorgeous! It is only 70 degrees right now and I am hoping that it will be like this tomorrow. I just want this to be a perfect morning for a brunch.

Sorry, I have been rambling on and on. Yeah. I know. Blah blah blah. I'm done now. :lol:

candlequilter 08-25-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

I like having the challenge - this is my first one that I have done and it has helped alot! However, as far as the thread is concerned it wasn't what I thought it would be, or maybe I just had to do alot more wading thru extra stuff to get the weight loss challenge info out of it. I really enjoy sharing with others when they are facing ups and downs on their weight or eating but as far as all the general chit chat I thought there are other areas for that. This is just my honest opinion and you can do whatever you like with it.

just4jo 08-25-2010 11:19 AM

I didn't see this until now! I've been losing too. Trying to keep up w/ my sis. She has lost 14 lbs. We can do this!