Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

Leota 08-18-2010 12:21 PM

jcongrats Missy!!!!

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
jcongrats Missy!!!!

Thank you so much Leota!!

Missy

trupeach1 08-18-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh my goo'ness!!! You guys are so not going to believe this but........

I lost 10.8 more pounds (for a grand total of almost 50 since April). My surgeon said that she talked to the psychologist and decided that the lap band was best for me because of my psychiatric meds and how they are absorbed. So, no problem there.

I will probably have the surgery in October/November December at the latest. Yay!

I also got a call from Mike and he wants me to come over this evening and watch some tv or movies. Yay! I am so happy when I am talking to him or with him. This is such a sweet time for me. I just cannot explain how all of this makes me feel. Happy. Silly. Excited. Overwhelmed. Just tons of feelings. I am really glad I am able to share this with you.

I juat ordered my clothes to wear at my sister's wedding in October. I just hope they fit me then. Hah! Wouldn't that be great if they were too big for me?!?! I would never be so happy to have clothes that did not fit as I would be then. :D:D:D:D

I hope you guys are doing well...I miss the chatter here. What is up? Is everyone away or quiet or tired of reading what I write? Hmmm??

Missy

I have 3 words for you......................use a c*ndom!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Oh my goo'ness!!! You guys are so not going to believe this but........

I lost 10.8 more pounds (for a grand total of almost 50 since April). My surgeon said that she talked to the psychologist and decided that the lap band was best for me because of my psychiatric meds and how they are absorbed. So, no problem there.

I will probably have the surgery in October/November December at the latest. Yay!

I also got a call from Mike and he wants me to come over this evening and watch some tv or movies. Yay! I am so happy when I am talking to him or with him. This is such a sweet time for me. I just cannot explain how all of this makes me feel. Happy. Silly. Excited. Overwhelmed. Just tons of feelings. I am really glad I am able to share this with you.

I juat ordered my clothes to wear at my sister's wedding in October. I just hope they fit me then. Hah! Wouldn't that be great if they were too big for me?!?! I would never be so happy to have clothes that did not fit as I would be then. :D:D:D:D

I hope you guys are doing well...I miss the chatter here. What is up? Is everyone away or quiet or tired of reading what I write? Hmmm??

Missy

Okay Okay Mom. I promise. LMAO!

I told my mom I wouldn't let the nickel fall from between my knees until I have a ring on my finger. Hehe.

Missy

dgrindey 08-18-2010 02:22 PM

Missy,
Congrats on your weight loss---that is wonderful. So happy you had a good time on your date---it's important to have some male companionship. My hubby and I have been married 50 yrs now.

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Missy,
Congrats on your weight loss---that is wonderful. So happy you had a good time on your date---it's important to have some male companionship. My hubby and I have been married 50 yrs now.

Thank you so much! I am getting ready to get pretty before I go see him tonight. :)

Psychomomquilter 08-18-2010 02:41 PM

Hon, I really hope I wasn't too strong, but you are something very special, and you CAN do what ever you set your mind to do! hey here it is..... I am 63, widow, now I could feel sorry for myself(which I have by the way) get depressed(which I have) but I had to make the decision, am I going just to sit here and die or do something about it?

look at some women, Mary Crowley(Home Interiors & Gifts) a divorcee, two small children; this is in the mid fifties, and she created a mega company, lets not forget Mary Kay( a multi mega bucks, and its make up)
I went to college 5 years ago, graduated with an Associates degree, and really expecting to find a job. Two things happened, No experience, they got someone more "qualified"
Now here I sit with an associates degree, gathering dust. boy I really can get depressed! No one wants to hire me, and my mind set kicks in, I am too old!!!! there are other things I can do, bake cakes, and decorate them, sew pillows and sell them, crochet towel tops and sell them, genealogy ,I love doing , and writing, now I am learning to quilt which is a bit hard for me.. can you imagine I failed math?? hehehehe, now I am doing squares, triangles, rectangles, hehehehe yes I laugh about it!
oh heres another thing, 2003 in May I had auto accident, crushed ankle, fractured wrist. so when you complain of no shoes, you turn a corner and see someone with no feet,
I am sure you are having a rough time, and forgive me if I sounded hard earlier. but we all are here to help each other, right?I have a rough time too, money is real tight for me. I have to pinch those pennies, and I don't have that many bills b ut what does come in , goes to those bills. I'd like to sell the pillows , towel toppers I have created for extra money, but its a slow process. So you hang in there ok? and I want to see results from you, um, hear results. And I can say one thing, I did gain weight, was hard for me to lose the weight, I am determined to lose the rest of this weight and I know I can! Love ya kid, and if you need a shoulder to cry on, heres one! Mary

trupeach1 08-18-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach

Missy[/quote

I told my mom I wouldn't let the nickel fall from between my knees until I have a ring on my finger. Hehe.

Missy

The nickel will stay between your knees if you bend over. Come to think of it I wonder how many calories does a person burn having s*x???????? Missy if I see you losing more eight then you usually do then the jig is up we will know what you are doing. And I can't think of a more fun way to do it.
If you want to talk girl talk you have my #.

MissyGirl 08-18-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by trupeach

Missy[/quote

Missy

The nickel will stay between your knees if you bend over. Come to think of it I wonder how many calories does a person burn having s*x???????? Missy if I see you losing more eight then you usually do then the jig is up we will know what you are doing. And I can't think of a more fun way to do it.
If you want to talk girl talk you have my #.

Oh busted. Bwahaha! Just kidding. Just kidding.

Missy

Gwyn 08-18-2010 04:47 PM

Mary: Have you listed your projects on the classified section of this website? As the holidays approach, I know I am looking for towels with toppers. They make a good 'extra' in secret santa packages.