Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-june-sign-up-t47611.html)

MissyGirl 06-27-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I haven't lost anything but I knew that was happening and I excepted it I will start a new tomorrow. DD decided to not eat crap anymore and now that we have someone to do our grocery shopping it will be all the more easier to diet. I will have the needed food. Today I made roast beef with mashed potatoes gravy and buttered carrots. We ate early. It was our last fattening meal. Tomorrow DD is starting a cleans and then diet, not that she needs it but since she gained the weigh back from all her surgeries and is a nice 116lb she wants to lose about 10 lbs. I have to lose 50 but at least for awhile we will eat healthy together.

It is almost the end of the month I wonder will be our biggest loser for June???????? NOT ME lol

I am glad you have someone to help you with the shopping. That will be a big help I am sure. Forgive me for saying this but your DD seems so thin already, why would she want to lose an additional 10 pounds?

I am curious too about the biggest loser/winner. Hmmm...I have lost quite a bit but I never win anything so I know it won't be me! LOL!!

Missy

Gwyn 06-27-2010 03:21 PM

I am having a good day. The boys worship service went really well and they did make a video and a recording of the whole thing. That means I can view it in a couple of days.

I feel good and I have eaten well for the day. Still need to get through dinner and the evening, but one minute at a time everything will be fine.

MissyGirl 06-27-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I am having a good day. The boys worship service went really well and they did make a video and a recording of the whole thing. That means I can view it in a couple of days.

I feel good and I have eaten well for the day. Still need to get through dinner and the evening, but one minute at a time everything will be fine.

I am so glad you are having a good day!

What are you going to have for dinner? I made homemade red beans and rice. It was only 200 calories per serving. So, that was good.

Enjoy your dinner and evening Gwyn!

Missy

CAROLJ 06-27-2010 05:18 PM

Red beans and rice are so good. It's one of my favorite meals.

Gwyn 06-27-2010 06:04 PM

I love Red Beans & Rice. We have had it for New Years Day since I was a little girl. We had ham on Christmas. Then we had ham bone soup a few days later. This gave us a ham bone for cooking RBR for New Years Day.

I had 'spaghetti' for dinner. Actually, it is a can of green beans that are cut really long and thin, topped by the spaghetti sauce and 1 TBS of parmesian cheese. Don't get me wrong, I love...LOVE pasta. A long time ago I belonged to weight watchers and I started doing the green bean thing.

I got all my water finished today and my dear son just brought me a large diet soda as a surprise! I know I can make it through tonight. Start again tomorrow the same way.

I decided I don't need to go to the VA hospital tomorrow because I just don't have time. I can make changes to the appointments to another time. I don't need anything throwing my off on day 2.

Have a good evening and sleep well, Gwyn

MissyGirl 06-27-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I love Red Beans & Rice. We have had it for New Years Day since I was a little girl. We had ham on Christmas. Then we had ham bone soup a few days later. This gave us a ham bone for cooking RBR for New Years Day.

I had 'spaghetti' for dinner. Actually, it is a can of green beans that are cut really long and thin, topped by the spaghetti sauce and 1 TBS of parmesian cheese. Don't get me wrong, I love...LOVE pasta. A long time ago I belonged to weight watchers and I started doing the green bean thing.

I got all my water finished today and my dear son just brought me a large diet soda as a surprise! I know I can make it through tonight. Start again tomorrow the same way.

I decided I don't need to go to the VA hospital tomorrow because I just don't have time. I can make changes to the appointments to another time. I don't need anything throwing my off on day 2.

Have a good evening and sleep well, Gwyn

Gwyn,

Your dinner sounds so yummy! I am so proud of you for doing so well today. Way to go! Your son was so sweet to bring you that soda.

I know you will do well tomorrow too. I just feel it. :)

Take care!

Missy

trupeach1 06-27-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I haven't lost anything but I knew that was happening and I excepted it I will start a new tomorrow. DD decided to not eat crap anymore and now that we have someone to do our grocery shopping it will be all the more easier to diet. I will have the needed food. Today I made roast beef with mashed potatoes gravy and buttered carrots. We ate early. It was our last fattening meal. Tomorrow DD is starting a cleans and then diet, not that she needs it but since she gained the weigh back from all her surgeries and is a nice 116lb she wants to lose about 10 lbs. I have to lose 50 but at least for awhile we will eat healthy together.

It is almost the end of the month I wonder will be our biggest loser for June???????? NOT ME lol

I am glad you have someone to help you with the shopping. That will be a big help I am sure. Forgive me for saying this but your DD seems so thin already, why would she want to lose an additional 10 pounds?

I am curious too about the biggest loser/winner. Hmmm...I have lost quite a bit but I never win anything so I know it won't be me! LOL!!

Missy

DD is very petite at 116 she looks curvey and she doesn't fit into her cloths. So it is either lose the 10 lbs or buy new cloths.

MissyGirl 06-27-2010 07:18 PM

Trupeach,

Oh now I totally understand that! Not the petite part or the 116 part but the part about needing to lose weight or buy new clothes. LOL I cannot wait until I am petite. It will be a few years after my surgery but I am not stopping until I get there!

I think it is wonderful that you are doing this with her. It is a bonding time that is for sure.

Missy

jnebug 06-28-2010 07:11 AM

Sorry a day late but had a good time Saturday nite and I took carrot,celery and cucumbers plus a fat free dip.In fact so many people came over and ate my stuff.So I did make a good choice and I only had 1 piece of pizza with green peppers and tomatoes.So tomorrow is my weigh in day so I hope its good.

vovoa 06-28-2010 07:59 AM

Good for you Jnebug, I knew you could do it!! Makes me want to do better also.