Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge...........with a prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-t44123.html)

Leota 05-23-2010 10:05 AM

trupeach. each brocolli and cauliflower, and carrots... they help with the stress munchies.... and measure out ONE serving of dip so you can keep track of how many calories your are munching away...
Good luck this week... Our parties are over and now I have to get serious about getting this weight off my body. I was good and didn't have any cake they had for the graduates at church today. So sick of cake and ice cream :D.
We pick ourselves up from our failures and stand again against the temptations of food.
Eat to live not Live to eat... my new motto..

jnebug 05-23-2010 11:46 AM

Sorry I am late posting this had computer problems.I was good and I lost1 so far this month I have lost 6,hoping for a little more so ,glad our weather is better and can start walking more.Good luck everyone.

trupeach1 05-23-2010 12:12 PM

last night I took DD new puppy for a walk, just back and forth in front of my house. i thought that was better then me getting no exercise. i use a cane and the puppy wasn't thrilled with it but she is young and will get use to it. I plan on doing it again tonight, I don't care that I can't go far incase I would have an attack of vertigo but at least I am out and that is a BIG positive for me.

Leota 05-23-2010 12:14 PM

Excellent... Puppies are wonderful for exercise :D
be sure you carry your cell phone in case of emergency.

carolevidak 05-23-2010 07:26 PM

Peach, I am so proud of you - just for you to get out of the house is absolutely wonderful. Didn't it feel good. That puppy if going to be good for both you and Joyce. On Tuesday, it will keep you company while you wait for word about Joyce. Hang in there my friend - things have got to get better.

Carole

JudeWill 05-25-2010 08:06 AM

Hi. Haven't posted for a while. Good to sea most of us are doing well. I, however, am not. Is anyone else doing Atkins? I have done it before and did real well on it. I started off good--lost 3 lbs. right off. I've been in the induction phase for abt. 3 weeks now. Measuring carbs and walking 20 min. a day, but I keep going up & down by abt. 4/10 of a pound. I don't know what to do! Ugh!

Leota 05-25-2010 08:30 AM

Hi JudeWill
I've had success with Adkins. I lost 30 lbs and kept it off for about 2 years... then started eating sweets and stopped walking. oops...
I'm sort of back on Adkins but not ridgid... I just can't handle the induction diet anymore.. I get physically ill and am hungry all the time... so I've just stopped the sugar consumption and eat protein and lots of veggies.
Unfortunately, I'm not losing... :( I need to add the walking. I know that if I were to walk consistently, I'd lose the weight.

JudeWill 05-26-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Hi JudeWill
I've had success with Adkins. I lost 30 lbs and kept it off for about 2 years... then started eating sweets and stopped walking. oops...
I'm sort of back on Adkins but not ridgid... I just can't handle the induction diet anymore.. I get physically ill and am hungry all the time... so I've just stopped the sugar consumption and eat protein and lots of veggies.
Unfortunately, I'm not losing... :( I need to add the walking. I know that if I were to walk consistently, I'd lose the weight.

Thanks, Leota! Yesterday, I was feeling so dejected I didn't walk. Fully expected to get on the scale to find out I gained and I lost a lb.! Go figure. I'm thinking maybe I would be better off if I tried walking for 10-15 min., 2 or 3 times a day instead of once. I'm wondering if maybe that would keep the old metabolism working more. I may try that. Right now I'm trying furiously to get two graduation quilts done in the next two weeks, so I'm not doing much moving at all.

trupeach1 05-30-2010 04:30 AM

Hi I haven't been here all week..........sorry most of you know about DD and things have been crazy.

Everyone please PM me with your weight loss for the month of May tomorrow May 31. I will post the biggest looser June 1.

I will not be the biggest looser as I have not lost anything, well i did lose this month but I gained it all back. When I have been cooking for DD I haven't had time to cook differently for me so I am eating CRAP, well not really carp but things like mashed potatoes with tons of butter, big bowls of pasta you get the picture. Once DD is feeling better I will get back on track.

New thread open for sign up for the June prize...........you have to sign up to be in it to win it.

trupeach1 05-31-2010 12:10 PM

everyone who hasn't done so PLEASE pm me with your weight loss for the month of May so we could have a winner.

I myself haven't lost anything since April..........oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh well tomorrow starts a new month.