Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weird dreams... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weird-dreams-t90091.html)

ptquilts 01-14-2011 05:27 AM

I have weird dreams too - once I dreamed I had invented a coin-operated goldfish vending machine.

grann of 6 01-14-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I have been having the weirdest reams lately. the last one was the phone company was bringing back dial phones. Everyone was flocking to get theirs. BUT they weren't real phones. They were these little sock monkey things with elephant noses that you hooked up to a wire. Then the dial part was paper and broke right away. I told you it was weird! another involved me and dh and youngest dd in some weird mall elevators.....anyone that knows me would just fall over in shock to learn I was in a mall! and I've been oversleeping to have these dreams. Makes me almost afraid to sleep!

Too funny!! I had a weird dream last week too. My neighbor across the street is a widower; his wife & I sewed together, she got me into quilting. Anyway, he & I go out to dinner together occasionally. I get his mail when he goes hunting, he snowblows my driveway. Anyhow....back to the dream....I dreamt that he ane I got married and couldn't agree on which house to move into and how to tell our kids we were married. When I woke up I couldn't decide if it was a dream or a nightmare :roll: :lol: :oops:

Homespun 01-14-2011 05:54 AM

I have weird dreams too and I also write the weirdest ones down. (If I remember them when I wake up.)

grammyj 01-14-2011 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
From a small child living on a hard scrabble farm, I've had the same dream, of living in a big Victorian house. Never saw the outside of it, but I know the inside of it very well. A few weeks after my Number two sister died, I dreamed that she had moved into MY house and took me to show off the new drapes for the dining room she'd made. After that I didn't grieve for her so much, I knew that after her long battle with leukemia she was finally at rest. Never dreamed about her again, but what is odd, the dining room drapes she told me she made stayed the same.

Your dream made me cry,I'm sure it made you feel good to think she is in the house you love and you don't have to worry about her any more.

grammyj 01-14-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

I have been having the weirdest reams lately. the last one was the phone company was bringing back dial phones. Everyone was flocking to get theirs. BUT they weren't real phones. They were these little sock monkey things with elephant noses that you hooked up to a wire. Then the dial part was paper and broke right away. I told you it was weird! another involved me and dh and youngest dd in some weird mall elevators.....anyone that knows me would just fall over in shock to learn I was in a mall! and I've been oversleeping to have these dreams. Makes me almost afraid to sleep!

Too funny!! I had a weird dream last week too. My neighbor across the street is a widower; his wife & I sewed together, she got me into quilting. Anyway, he & I go out to dinner together occasionally. I get his mail when he goes hunting, he snowblows my driveway. Anyhow....back to the dream....I dreamt that he ane I got married and couldn't agree on which house to move into and how to tell our kids we were married. When I woke up I couldn't decide if it was a dream or a nightmare :roll: :lol: :oops:

to grann of 6, that might be signs of whats to come. LOL

sandpat 01-14-2011 07:10 AM

You are certainly not alone. I have the weird ones too....all too frequently! I gave up long ago trying to figure out what they mean. Thats a pretty funny one....sock monkey...LOL...

luvTooQuilt 01-14-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
glad no one asked what are dial up phones?? i remember those. messed up fingernails.

We still have on in the closet!!!! We have it just in case we lose power and the cell phones happen to be dead,.. hey you never know..

Ramona Byrd 01-14-2011 08:37 AM

We still have on in the closet!!!! We have it just in case we lose power and the cell phones happen to be dead,.. hey you never know.
--------------------------------------------
So do I. It's an old one from my MIL and could be almost 100 years old but still works. It plugs into a 4 hole phone jack, which this old house has in one room and I have an adapter for the front room when I want to show off and call it with my cell when I have company. Works nicely. I have far too many things "just in case" around here.

nena 01-14-2011 09:14 AM

It seems that the weirdest dreams are the ones we dream when we go back to sleep in the morning. Place a note pad by your bed and as soon as you wake up write it down so you do not forget it. Watch and see what happens. Sometimes dreams have meanings.

grann of 6 01-14-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by grammyj

Originally Posted by grann of 6

to grann of 6, that might be signs of whats to come. LOL

I don't think I have to worry about that. He is very nice, but chews tobacco; grosses me out. He isn't too crazy about my dogs; that is a deal breaker.