Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Went to Son's house today... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/went-sons-house-today-t19687.html)

Tink's Mom 05-03-2009 09:17 AM

This is just a little rant....I had to buy a new iron around 6 months ago, because #1 son had borrowed mine and broke it. I gave him an old one that I didn't like, figuring that it would save me the aggrevation of him taking mine...
I went to press the quilt squares for MimiSharons' girls and NO IRON! I looked everywear...Sent to squares off to Terri's without ironing :cry: ... called #1 son in morning, asked where my iron was,,,and he claims he doesn't have it....
I went over to his house this morning...and in his bedroom, on top of the dresser is my new iron... :? I poured out my cup of coffee, picked up my iron and purse, gave him a LOOK and walked out of the house.........

By the time I got home he was on the answering machine, Mom, I'm sorry, I thought you had more irons....................

kwhite 05-03-2009 09:28 AM

OHHH How I know how you feel. Do what I do. Keep telling yourself over and over out loud. "it could be worse. They could be on drugs, or drinking or pregnant without a stable partner, or......." I remember a particularly bad time with our daughter and my husband and I went out to dinner. Unbeknownst to me there was a friend sitting on the other side of the barrier from us. She said later she didn't want to disturb us cause we seemed to be in deep conversation and we kept saying over and over to one another "it could be worse, it could be worse" LOL

Shemjo 05-03-2009 10:17 AM

Boundaries are difficult for some people to understand! :?

Knot Sew 05-03-2009 10:41 AM

Get him stuff he borrows..or takes for the next gift occasions. The fibbing about it is what hurts :roll:

BellaBoo 05-03-2009 10:51 AM

I detest not finding something in it's place when I need it. The kids learned early and fast I would ground them for not puttng an item back where it belongs.

Ninnie 05-03-2009 10:51 AM

Lock your doors, if he has keys, change the locks. I love my kids (7) but they know I will not let them run over me. It's hard to set boundries, I wasn't very good with the first, but by the time the last one came along I had it down Pat! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie

littlehud 05-03-2009 11:12 AM

When mine first moved back home they had problems with boundaries. The girls have learned and ask before borrowing. My son still has problems with it. I keep trying to tell myself it's because he is handicapped. Still bothers me. So sorry he lied to you. That's the worst.

sewjoyce 05-03-2009 11:18 AM

Yep, the borrowing was bad enough but the lying about it would have sent me over the edge too! I think you did the right thing and maybe your son has learned a lesson.

Bill'sBonBon 05-03-2009 01:30 PM

That is almost funny, thought you had more irons. Same thing happened to me only it was a nordic,very heavy,very nice bundt pan. She said she had squaters rights,laughing all the while and she still has it. If I had all the tubberware that went to my dds' and seem to never come back I could set me up a stall in a flea market and sell it. :lol: :lol: I call them and no I don't have it Mom you must have loaned it to someone and forgot who. So Glad I only have 2. :lol:
BillsBonBon

Mousie 05-03-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Lock your doors, if he has keys, change the locks. I love my kids (7) but they know I will not let them run over me. It's hard to set boundries, I wasn't very good with the first, but by the time the last one came along I had it down Pat! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie

Sometimes, when reading a thread, I stop and reply when i get to another one, that fits the way I feel...maybe read the rest out of curiosity after I say...
Ninnie's right.
Don't let your son run over you, and it is hard to set boundaries sometimes, bc you have this past history, but it doesn't have to keep being your future.
Buy new locks...today!!!
and if you give him a key, then you are telling him:
that, well, ok, it's alright if you come in my house, when I am not home and take something of mine, and when I ask about it, you can tell me whatever you want to. If I find out, and come and get it, all you have to do, is say, 'sorry', until you feel like doing it again.