Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What book are you reading now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-book-you-reading-now-t169967.html)

bigbrownowl 11-27-2011 07:02 AM

Lindsey Davis - Nemesis (Falco series)

Just finished:
Christopher Fowler - Off the rails (Bryant and May series)
Bernard Knight - Crowner John Mysteries (excellent and highly recommended)
M C Beaton - Hamish McBeth and Agatha Raisin Series

Starting later in the week:
C J Sansom - Shardlake Series

Just to say I have had a Kindle since the summer. I put off buying one because I wasn't sure whether I would get on with it. What a mistake! I LOVE my kindle and wouldn't be without it now.

efayard 11-27-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by sitzy (Post 4724602)
I am reading "Fall of Giants" 1000 pages and I can;t put it down. Its the 1st of a triolgy.

Did you read Pillars of the Earth? Pretty good.

texpat45 11-27-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigbrownowl (Post 4725027)
Lindsey Davis - Nemesis (Falco series)

Just finished:
Christopher Fowler - Off the rails (Bryant and May series)
Bernard Knight - Crowner John Mysteries (excellent and highly recommended)
M C Beaton - Hamish McBeth and Agatha Raisin Series

Starting later in the week:
C J Sansom - Shardlake Series

Just to say I have had a Kindle since the summer. I put off buying one because I wasn't sure whether I would get on with it. What a mistake! I LOVE my kindle and wouldn't be without it now.

I, also, just finished Off the Rails! Bryant & May

I finished The Black Cat by Martha Grimes. Am reading Out of the Dark by David Weber...it's SF. Have four mysteries by G. M. Malliet to read - St. Just series and the first book in the Max Tudor series. Just downloaded an Elizabeth Chadwick historical book only to find out it's the 2nd in a trilogy...so gotta hunt down the first book. That's means a trip to Half-Price Books...and that ain't a bad thing! Kinda like going to the fabric store....

Thumbelina 11-27-2011 07:59 AM

The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand.

Abby'smom 11-27-2011 08:09 AM

Rereading Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich which I bought this week! Love the series!

lonestardreams 11-27-2011 08:11 AM

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews
and
Pinned for Murder by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

Enjoying both of them.

mommafank 11-27-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau (Post 4724576)
About ready to start "The Road".Saw the movie with Viggo Mortensen first, so procrastinated a bit.

Fabulous book! Despite the subject matter, it reads like poetry!

Learner747 11-27-2011 08:23 AM

The Bible in the book of Matthew; Healing with Humor by Charles Hunter; The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas; The Adventures of Marco Polo by Marco Polo; The Tempest by Wm Shakespeare; and a couple of audio books while I sew. I read so many books depending on where I am and what I am engaged in.

mommafank 11-27-2011 08:51 AM

:thumbup:COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR]Three:
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins----Last of the Hunger Games Triology
Wonderland by Joyce Carol Oates
The Lizard King by Bryon Christy. True story about the crimes of reptile smugglers

Recently finished:
The Long Run by Matt Long--story of NY firefighter nearly killed when hit by a bus and his recovery to win the Iron Man again.
Gone with the Wind by Martha Mitchell
Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins---the triology

bdship 11-27-2011 09:17 AM

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly, very good so far.