Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Brings YOU Joy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-brings-you-joy-t262123.html)

Patchesnposies 03-04-2015 08:44 AM

What Brings YOU Joy?

Sometimes with all of the turmoil in the world around us and when just day to day living gets overwhelming I make myself stop and think about something that brings me joy. Not just run-of-the-mill happiness, but lump-in-your-throat, tears-in-your-eyes joy. It never fails to get me out of my doldrums.

Today mine was listening to my three teenagers practice music together for an upcoming event where they have been asked to play. They were working together so sweetly and actually being kind and helpful to each other (not a snark to be heard!). The music of course was that much the sweeter because of it.

One of the three almost died in 2006 of cardiomyopathy and spent two months in the ICU. So, seeing him healthy and strong and sawing away on his violin.....Pure joy.

I would love to hear about your joyful moments.

Boston1954 03-04-2015 08:50 AM

I am happiest when,
1. the sun is just THINKING about going down
2. the weather is such that the windows are open
3. I can hear kids playing up the street, or someone is mowing their lawn
4. there is a wonderful old movie on television
5. I am making something wonderful for supper
and
6. Jim will be home in about 20 minutes.

Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

cathyvv 03-04-2015 08:51 AM

You're right, we need to think about all the good things in our life, especially when we are stressed over something.

The joy and loves of our lives can't ever be replaced, and never forgotten, where as some of the things we've stressed over often (not always) disappear from our memory.

My joy is my family and the love that we share. Without them and all the memories we've made, some good, some not so good, my life would be very different.

Tartan 03-04-2015 10:20 AM

Joy right now is hearing the birds starting to chirp outside. When I hear them, I know spring is close. I am on the look out for sighting my first Robin.

lynnie 03-04-2015 11:32 AM

Seeing my husband or my son walk thru the door.
Watching my kitty Zoey do just about anything.
fabric shopping or making something for someone, and seeing them enjoy it.

Jan in VA 03-04-2015 02:10 PM

My joy moments are frequently around newborn or little babies...their births, theirs smiles, their actions, their pictures in cute outfits, their interactions with family pets. After several years in birthwork, I just LOVE babies, their purity, and the promise of the beauty of the future they bring. :) :) :)

Jan in VA

tessagin 03-04-2015 02:36 PM

Pure joy is my family when I get to talk to them. Often I get on Facebook and am on the phone at the same time. One evening right after supper, DH and I both got phone calls from both boys (they planned it) and the daughters were with them (r 4 DGDs). right after we spoke (2 1/2 hrs) we were told to go to the FB. The 2 oldest taped everyone while we were on the phone. That was better than Christmas and they had us on speakerphone. That was pure joy. DH and I talked even after we went to bed. Sometimes technology is pure joy. We've decided we may just Skype the next call. Probably will. Be ready for the next one.

maryb119 03-04-2015 02:53 PM

I am happiest when all 6 of the kids are home with their families. It's all about family with me. My youngest granddaughter came to stay with me a couple hours last week while her mom ran errands. She's 2 1/2 and was squealing with delight when she got out of the car to see Grandma, (me). Moments like that are priceless.

tessagin 03-04-2015 02:55 PM

Yep, priceless.

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 7115068)
I am happiest when all 6 of the kids are home with their families. It's all about family with me. My youngest granddaughter came to stay with me a couple hours last week while her mom ran errands. She's 2 1/2 and was squealing with delight when she got out of the car to see Grandma, (me). Moments like that are priceless.

QuiltnNan 03-04-2015 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i am overjoyed that my #7 grandchild was born this morning at 4:13 at over 5 pounds because he was only at 32 weeks gestation :thumbup:. he's in an incubator but should be out soon.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]512434[/ATTACH]