Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are buying yourself for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-buying-yourself-christmas-t258011.html)

decky 12-10-2014 04:27 PM

I just bought myself an IPad Mini, now I just have to get brave enough to set it up!!! It's still sitting in the box.

Geri B 12-10-2014 04:59 PM

I do MY shopping after Christmas....more for less........

Jan in VA 12-10-2014 05:23 PM

Peace and quiet. :o (and happy to be able to do so this year!)

Dyan 12-10-2014 06:30 PM

A laser printer, I am tired of buying ink for my ink jet printer, that I do not use often, but seems the ink dries up. And to replace all the cartridges at once, is about 70.00 dollars. This cheap laser is about 45.00 for a new cartridge, and should print about 1200 pages. Hope it works...

dakotamaid 12-10-2014 07:15 PM

Every year I say all I want is happy and healthy friends and family! BUT, what I really want (cause I hate, hate sweeping floors!!) is a cordless shark vacuum!!!!

Ladyjanedoe 12-10-2014 07:22 PM

Our millwork fellow just completed our custom mantel for the fireplace. It was extravagant so I feel bad about asking for anything.

I am hoping for some time off from home projects over the holidays. I sure would like to finish The Night Circus and get in some sewing! That would be a great gift.

Sandygirl 12-10-2014 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7002628)
I somehow crushed my mounting on my engagement ring, so my new mounting is kinda my gift. Also needed 4 new tires so I guess that is too. Don't have money to spend on each other this year. This may sound dumb to some of you but all I ever wanted was a loving husband and my son. I have that now. I also live in my dream home, a condo I wanted since I was about 13-14. I also have a great cat. I've got it all.

great sentiment! I love it.
Sandy

Sandygirl 12-10-2014 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 7003212)
I just bought myself an IPad Mini, now I just have to get brave enough to set it up!!! It's still sitting in the box.

You will love it!
Sandy

Tropical 12-10-2014 09:46 PM

When I ask my DH what he wants for Christmas, he always tells me he already has what he wants. Me. I feel the same way about him. We met on Christmas Day 50 1/2 years ago. So we don't give each other gifts. We spend our money on a trip to Disney World where we spend time together. For us it really is the Happiest Place on Earth. We have spent many Happy Holidays there together. :):):)

SewExtremeSeams 12-10-2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical (Post 7003485)
When I ask my DH what he wants for Christmas, he always tells me he already has what he wants. Me. I feel the same way about him. We met on Christmas Day 50 1/2 years ago. So we don't give each other gifts. We spend our money on a trip to Disney World where we spend time together. For us it really is the Happiest Place on Earth. We have spent many Happy Holidays there together. :):):)

Congratulations Tropical on your long and happy marriage. My parents almost got to celebrate their 66th year of marriage two years ago when my DDad passed away. My Mom is doing well, but I know she misses him. Bless you and your DHubby.