Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What are buying yourself for Christmas?

What are buying yourself for Christmas?

Yes, i always buy myself a gift. This year it is knee height, sherpa lined snow boots. This year I am ready for the snow! Grrrrrr.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I got a new kitchen, well not complete kitchen but new countertops (after the third try they finally got all of the right sizes in and installed and a new floor. Looks wonderful. I have already had a merry christmas.

I got myself the shark rocket........

I treat myself to a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle every Christmas.

I'm not allowed to buy myself anything in December. DH & I put each other on buying blackouts, otherwise we each have the annoying tendency to buy ourselves things that our other half has purchased as a gift!

My hubby had our garage finished (new walls, ceiling and tiled floors) this years so we could put my mid-arm out there. He just bought a loveseat for the sewing room (formerly known as the formal living room) so he could sit in there in the evenings or weekends so I can sew, had new lighting and a fan installed in the sewing room AND bought me a new sewing table! I think I got my gifts already! He said there will be 1 gift under the tree for me to open.
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

I ordered 2 Bonnie Hunter books and also ordered some Kaffee Fassett fabric through Craftsy on sale.

Yeah me!!

Jane
    Jane

I also buy a 1000 or 1500 piece puzzle for Christmas. I have it out for when kids come over and by time they leave it is either done or close to it. This year my big gift to myself is a trip to Chicago for the quilt show in March. Can't wait.
    Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a very safe and happy New Year.

I'm buying my 1st smart phone for myself.

I am getting a whole new kitchen in the New Year so nothing.. I can't wait...
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I know what I'm getting DH. Everyone else is getting gift cards. Will do that this week and off to the mailbox. I just want to get my sewing room in order. I can see everything I have (clear containers) but want more room. I walk into it and right back out. Sew a few things then get side tracked and a mess. adhd kicks in about this time of year. That's my story and sticking to it.

Mine will be getting to give my youngest daughter a massive hug - off on a trip to Oz next week to see her - so excited

Sometimes we buy gifts for each other some timestraverse a trip instead. This past year we built an outdoor room so our christmas/anniversary/birthday gift to each other was outdoor furniture, so we could actually enjoy using it.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    I somehow crushed my mounting on my engagement ring, so my new mounting is kinda my gift. Also needed 4 new tires so I guess that is too. Don't have money to spend on each other this year. This may sound dumb to some of you but all I ever wanted was a loving husband and my son. I have that now. I also live in my dream home, a condo I wanted since I was about 13-14. I also have a great cat. I've got it all.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Last year I bought myself a Kitchen Aid mixer -- this year I got a new purse - a Baggallini and I purchased fabric for a (next years) Christmas quilt. Haven't bought fabric in months!

Blog Entries
    after the thread about the Kitchenaid mixer, I'm giving myself a replacement for the one I passed on to my daughter years ago. i'm also ordering some longarm rulers.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

A Viper Smart Start remote car starter. It's the kind you start from your smart phone - meaning there is NO "range" restriction, and no worries about walls and other barriers. As long as your phone and your car are each in a place to receive cell reception ... I can start my car!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Way way too much fabric!!! Just when I've told myself....stop...enough!!! I see something else and succumb. I figure if I get money as gifts I can use it to reimburse myself for all this fabric!

Your boots sound cute! I'm getting a brand new big sewing room and giant closet in the basement after Christmas, so that will be my present.
    Lori

A red Michael Kor handbag
    bjsmith57

I just bought myself an IPad Mini, now I just have to get brave enough to set it up!!! It's still sitting in the box.
    Pat in MN

I do MY shopping after Christmas....more for less........

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Peace and quiet. (and happy to be able to do so this year!)
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

A laser printer, I am tired of buying ink for my ink jet printer, that I do not use often, but seems the ink dries up. And to replace all the cartridges at once, is about 70.00 dollars. This cheap laser is about 45.00 for a new cartridge, and should print about 1200 pages. Hope it works...
    Dyan

Every year I say all I want is happy and healthy friends and family! BUT, what I really want (cause I hate, hate sweeping floors!!) is a cordless shark vacuum!!!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast