Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are buying yourself for Christmas?

Our millwork fellow just completed our custom mantel for the fireplace. It was extravagant so I feel bad about asking for anything.

I am hoping for some time off from home projects over the holidays. I sure would like to finish The Night Circus and get in some sewing! That would be a great gift.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I somehow crushed my mounting on my engagement ring, so my new mounting is kinda my gift. Also needed 4 new tires so I guess that is too. Don't have money to spend on each other this year. This may sound dumb to some of you but all I ever wanted was a loving husband and my son. I have that now. I also live in my dream home, a condo I wanted since I was about 13-14. I also have a great cat. I've got it all.
    great sentiment! I love it.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by decky View Post
    I just bought myself an IPad Mini, now I just have to get brave enough to set it up!!! It's still sitting in the box.
    You will love it!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini

Blog Entries
    When I ask my DH what he wants for Christmas, he always tells me he already has what he wants. Me. I feel the same way about him. We met on Christmas Day 50 1/2 years ago. So we don't give each other gifts. We spend our money on a trip to Disney World where we spend time together. For us it really is the Happiest Place on Earth. We have spent many Happy Holidays there together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
    When I ask my DH what he wants for Christmas, he always tells me he already has what he wants. Me. I feel the same way about him. We met on Christmas Day 50 1/2 years ago. So we don't give each other gifts. We spend our money on a trip to Disney World where we spend time together. For us it really is the Happiest Place on Earth. We have spent many Happy Holidays there together.
    Congratulations Tropical on your long and happy marriage. My parents almost got to celebrate their 66th year of marriage two years ago when my DDad passed away. My Mom is doing well, but I know she misses him. Bless you and your DHubby.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

I ordered a big box of Wen hair products to give them a try, a beautiful burgandy suede handbag, a faux fur scarf and a few books.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I had a deck (7x7) built out front for me and a few guests, neighbors, the dog, a couple of rocking chairs. I also had insulation put in the attic. I bought myself some peanut butter filled pretzels too. Really good! I'll probably find me some fabric somewhere and get that, during the year. I'm a cheap old bugger and I watch for sales. I have my family, my dog, my two parakeets. Don't need a whole lot. Oh yah, I am getting another bird cage, which means I have to fill it and am seriously thinking about finches. Only problem - since I got BiBi and Bitz, I have a ruddy dose and cough. I have a weird feeling I might be allergic to the little stinkers. Drats. I have to train them too. But Bess, the dog, thinks they are hers and would make a good snack. So I have trouble cleaning the cage every other day. She is right up close to me waiting for the birds to try to get out. She had her opportunity the day after I got them and blew it. I was faster than the dog. Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!

Have a fun day today, Gals, I am putting up a Christmas tree, going to Fort Snelling for my Christmas visit with my husband and then baking six batches of cookies. Sounds like a promising day. Besides which, we are in a heat wave. Snow is pretty much gone here - we will be about +40 in the Cities and warmer for the rest of the week. Then we can start with the storms all over again. AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

I can't think of anything I really want this year. I bought a new KitchenAid stand mixer a few weeks ago and a new food processor last weekend. I'll probably go clothes shopping. My every day wear is getting tired and boring.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I bought myself a new "cordless" iron. I have had it for about 3 weeks now, and I absolutely love it for my quilting. It seemed like my cord was always getting in the way and I hated ironing the borders on my quilt. I also hated ironing the binding in half cause then my cord "was" always in the way. I equate my cordless iron with the same "cord free" feeling as I got with my first cordless phone. It is wonderful!

Two new Lazy Boy chairs for our living room.

Blog Entries
    I'm getting a Kitchen Aid Mixer and an iron to replace the current one slowing dying. As far as quilting related, I'm getting yesterday's MSQC free daily deal and today's QIAD free pattern deal! At least I have something to open on Christmas day

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!

I have bought TOO much already. Mostly fabrics to make items for friends and for charity quilts, a Travelon purse on Overstock.com and new ergonomically keyboard for my refurbished Dell that I new for me. Nothing more frustrating then getting the kinks out of a new computer !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Dyan View Post
    A laser printer, I am tired of buying ink for my ink jet printer, that I do not use often, but seems the ink dries up. And to replace all the cartridges at once, is about 70.00 dollars. This cheap laser is about 45.00 for a new cartridge, and should print about 1200 pages. Hope it works...

I don't think I even use one cartridge a year with my laser printer, and I print A LOT! Even when I was doing medical transcription, the toner cartridges lasted forever.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    After 53 years of marriage my husband and I have a standing joke. I come home and tell him "guess what you bought me for Christmas?" this year I told him he got me a new laptop. Sometimes I tell him that 3 or 4 times before Christmas to which he will say, "didn't I already get you a Christmas present?" He is always happy he doesn't have to figure out a gift for me and I likewise enjoy that. It is difficult enough to give the kids ideas for us.

I bought a new car in August, I could consider that is my Christmas present, but I really want a Brother PE 770 for embroidery that I will be getting next March (after I get my tax refund).
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

I purchased an Accuquilt GO for myself and one die. It hasn't arrived yet. Now I need to find decent prices on dies!!

I ordered myself the Guttman thread tower that was on sale at Joanns it shipped yesterday can hardy wait to open it

A little of this and a little of that, but DH is buying me new micro handles for my Innova that have the on/off and needle up/down switches in them (yeah!).

I bought six tickets from Kansas City for my grand-daughter and family to San Francisco for Christmas with me and others closer in the family. This way I can see the four great grandsons for it's hard for me to travel anymore.

I got a new flat screen TV for the sewing room on Cyber Monday and I bought a bunch of yarn and I'm not even going to open and look at it till Christmas. My DH will be so excited to see what he bought me!
    :-)
    CAS

3 quilt books from AQS

Quote Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
    I purchased an Accuquilt GO for myself and one die. It hasn't arrived yet. Now I need to find decent prices on dies!!
    Try overstock.com they don't have a huge selection but they do have good prices. Also try amazon the prices are not as good as overstock but that have a very large selection.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I've never considered buying myself a gift, but after reading all these posts, I think I need to buy something for myself! Oh wait, I used some golf winnings to buy myself a new golf shirt. Does that count?

I buy myself whatever I want whenever I want it. But, I don't normally want very much. I don't keep a stash, so it wouldn't be fabric anyway. If I came across an interesting vintage machine, that would be nice.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    I got a new flat screen TV for the sewing room on Cyber Monday and I bought a bunch of yarn and I'm not even going to open and look at it till Christmas. My DH will be so excited to see what he bought me!

I am adding diamond stud earrings to my list (not paying too much tho). DH will be "thrilled". Lol! I Found a nice price online. Should get them next week.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast