Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Did You Have For Breakfast Today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-have-breakfast-today-t50624.html)

sawsan 06-21-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem

Originally Posted by sawsan
White cheese sandwich with a cup of tea I know not healthy together.
Later one digestive biscuit and small Turkish coffee

What is the US equivalent of a "digestive biscuit"? Why is a cheese sandwich and tea unhealthy? Just curious...

Whole wheat (wholegrain) high in fiber is the digestive
Cheese with tea not healthy because tea Provence absorbing Calcium .According to my knowledge. :roll: :roll: maybe i am wrong :oops:

purplemem 06-21-2010 11:22 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. Now I understand what you are talking about! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MistyMarie 06-21-2010 11:23 AM

I can't eat breakfast on the diet I am doing, but I can live on tea and coffee for breakfast. I usually went without prior to going on a diet.

ann clare 06-21-2010 11:27 AM

Tea, toast and marmalade.

Joanie2 06-21-2010 12:15 PM

I like to mix cereal for texture so I had a bit of Quaker Oat Squares, a bit of Frosted Mini Wheats and a bit of Special K with Pecans. Topped it with fresh raspberries and just enough milk to wet them down.

zennia 06-21-2010 12:51 PM

oatmeal with fruit

Alu_Rathbone 06-21-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I had homemade honey wheat bread I baked yesterday and now I'm about to have yogurt and sugar-free hot chocolate. I have some cold cantaloupe in the fridge I might take a stab at, also.

This is the best whole wheat bread I have baked, it contains a half cup of honey. It makes it softer and sweeter, not so coarse tasting.

I have ask for the recipe! That bread sound YUMMY!!!!

vjengels 06-21-2010 01:11 PM

same thing 3 days a week; oatmeal with blueberries and almonds.
yea! tomorrow is 3 eggwhite omlette with saute'd zuchini, onions, peppers and spinach with salsa & bagel thin w/ cream cheese YEA for Tuesday!

vjengels 06-21-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianLoon
Just been told I have high cholesterol so I had whole wheat Cheerios and a banana.......it wont last.

I LOVE cheerios as a snack, but it's not a good breakfast for me either...
When I had to lower my cholesterol from 275, it's now 189... I didn't , and still don't like the idea of oatmeal everyday, so I bought the' American Heart Association Low fat Low Cholesterol cookbook' there were some great recipes in there I still use. oh, the oatmeal.... I switch it up sometimes for brown rice, barley, and quinoa; it's nice change , plus still all great grains . Good luck!

abonda 06-21-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie

Originally Posted by abonda
My student made me a homemade blueberry muffin this morning when I got to school!!! yum yum!! and a nice cup of coffee to go with it. I have only tomorrow, Tuesday and I'm out for the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. When do you go back? I was out May 21st and will go back July 30th. I feel like something is wrong when I am teaching in August, but I do like getting out in May.

We go back Sept 8th