Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you collect ~ besides fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-collect-%7E-besides-fabric-t243220.html)

BrendaY 03-16-2014 07:22 PM

Antique dolls are my favorite things, and I love old hand made quilts, miniature woven baskets, all kinds of fabrics (mostly FQs), and friends, of course!!

KSue 03-16-2014 07:50 PM

Now this is funny. I have moved from alimony checks to retirement checks....

Originally Posted by Diana Lea (Post 6628773)
I read all the post on this thread. I am very impressed with the interesting stuff we collect. I started collecting fat. I have gained 40 lbs. Last year. Also Betty Boop, deck of cards from places I have been. Pillsbury , see, hear and speck no evil. green M & M's. Pink depression glass and dead people ( genealogy ). Put my favorite thing to collect is alimony checks.

KSue 03-16-2014 07:56 PM

I collect ladybugs. Not all ladybugs, but just the ones I like. Jim Shore and Willow Tree. For a while I was collecting Christmas Carolers but not any more. I also collect genealogy records (haven't done that for a while tho).

DebbieJJ 03-17-2014 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by psychonurse (Post 6628694)
Did u see recently someone of Craigs list in Bham had sheet music listed?

No I didn't see it yet, but I'll try to find it now! Thanks for the tip!

DonnaFreak 03-17-2014 04:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
What a fun thread! I collect boxes, but I collect boxes that don't look like boxes! LOL! Most of my boxes are wooden, but I have quite a few that are made of other substances too. I'm gonna attempt to post 3 pictures so you know what I mean!

Believe it or not, I got my sewing machine box years before I ever started sewing! It sure looks good in my sewing room though! :c) My gazebo is one of my more expensive boxes. The top of it opens, and the stairs also slide out to reveal a "box" area. And on the shelf pictured, the two burled wood pieces, the two Noah's arks, and the large globe are all boxes. :c)

Donna

ann clare 03-17-2014 06:43 AM

WOW What a great post. Have smiled a lot. Brought back lots of happy memories. My collections seem to change with time. I started with stamps, next dolls then on to Waterford Crystal. Now I collect thimbles. I do have lots of WIP's and UFO's but they really collected me.

Mariposa 03-17-2014 07:09 AM

I collect vintage sewing machines-and am looking for a hand-crank; miniatures, buttons, Precious Moments figurines (been long time since bought any), some chicken things, Old Country Roses china, moose things, and snowmen items for Christmas time.... and, and............!

themary 03-17-2014 08:54 AM

Bells, have not only the states but countries. Thanks to my children and grandchildren that travel the world

RugosaB 03-17-2014 05:07 PM

Watering cans and old toys

ChrisDee 03-19-2014 06:00 PM

Wow. I love the sewing machine the most. The gazebo is really neat too. Thanks for posting pics.