Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you collect ~ besides fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-collect-%7E-besides-fabric-t243220.html)

Quilty-Louise 03-15-2014 11:04 AM

Well lets see...... I collect the following things

My oldest collection which I started back in 1980 is
amber glass. I was 16 years old when I started this
collection with a pair of oil lamps. In 1999 I ended up
having to start my collection over again (except for lamps).

My next collection is mugs.

I collect mugs from U.S. states I am down to 8 states left
to get.
I also have MANY mugs from other countries, my MIL went
to the Galapagos Islands/Machu Picchu/(forgot other dest)
she was planning to bring a mug back for me from there, I
can't wait to see which one I get.

My last collection is sewing/quilting themed fabrics, mach. emb.
designs and anything else that is sewing/quilting themed.

maga 03-15-2014 11:19 AM

Looong story as to why, but years ago I started collecting owls. in any form. I ended up with over 2,000 owls. Yes you read right, it does say 2,000! As everyone was on display every inch was taken over by these owls. After over 20 years of this I was soooooo sick of owls. I packed them all up except a few that have fond memories. They are safely packed away someday to be posted on e-bay when I have the time. I wonder if I was a hoarder?!!

DebbE 03-15-2014 11:36 AM

Roseville pottery, movies (have way over 400), various collections of books from favorite authors, thimbles, framed prints by Maxfield Parrish, tea cups from Australia, Fiestaware, various tiny & old metal knick knacks that we keep in an antique library case, Arts & Crafts copper pieces, Vaseline glass, spoons from various places we've been, etc.

Learner747 03-15-2014 11:58 AM

I have collected British china cups and saucers, old books and Bibles, penny stocks, and best of all Grandchildren.

glassdriller 03-15-2014 12:09 PM

I collect glow in the dark things; beads, paint, and I did locate some GITD fabric!

Nammie to 7 03-15-2014 12:21 PM

I collect cats - we have 7, they are all feral rescues and most have been raised on the bottle. They come to us when they have been hurt or are starving. Just can't turn them away. As a result I also collect cat hair. That collection never seems to go away!!

Stitchit123 03-15-2014 12:29 PM

Besides critters : ) .Dinosaurs - Matchbox and scale car's and trucks- old coffee pots - antique nic-nac's along with turtles and frogs - Black Amethyst glass ware - old jewelry And now that I've started my spring cleaning I apparently collect old lamps; too. So basically I collect really cool stuff and if I don't stop collecting I will need a much bigger house.

DOTTYMO 03-15-2014 12:40 PM

I collect, aches and pains more lines on my face and sewing machines.

Halo 03-15-2014 01:01 PM

My first thought was the same as woodster. DUST as we have wood heat.

leaha 03-15-2014 01:02 PM

Russian tea sets, tea pots, sun purple glass wear, (pre WW1) sewing machines, any thing for sewing room, thread,fabric, tools, fine art bronzes, art, water colors, oils, photographs, books, tapes LPs, CDs, DVDs, Kindles, (5) and lots of kindle books, antiques, and now quilts, am keeping more of the ones I make.