Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you do when you are not quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-when-you-not-quilting-t71400.html)

Lynnie25 10-22-2010 10:15 PM

Gosh, after reading what everyone does in their day to day life, I am amazed that any of us has time for quilting :) And I must confess that I spend way too much time online - on this Board or playing Lexulous (Scrabble) on Facebook :)

scowlkat 10-22-2010 10:22 PM

Wow, I feel positively lazy compared to you ladies! I do whatever needs to be done for the household, play with my animals (2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 birds), keep in touch with guild members via phone, and ---- play! Or at least that is how I look at it when I get to digitize embroidery designs and stitch them out. One day I hope to actually sell some of my designs but so far have had to focus on custom jobs. I used to read but it is by far my greatest addiction so have cut it out.

RugosaB 10-23-2010 05:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Among other things I was making jewelry, and really got active in making 'basenji themed' pieces, Egyptian because of their origin. :pts of scarabs and other Egyptian things
The cupboard is something my husband and I bought at an auction early in our marriage (for $70 !), and it's full of beading supplies. It hasn't been touched sine the accident, but it's still here because I do have hope I'll use the stuff again

nana4baj 10-23-2010 06:12 AM

where do you live in Michigan.......I live by Oscoda... :)

Dragonfly Nana 10-23-2010 06:21 AM

When I am not on this board??? Read and catch up on house cleaning.

IBQUILTIN 10-23-2010 06:55 AM

I make fountains and bird baths from terra cotta pots

Dianne10 10-23-2010 07:46 AM

I though I was the only one who does crocheting in bed.
I had to learn to do things in bed as i spent 10 weeks straight
in bed when I was 12 due to a broken leg. Glad to meet
someone like me.

wordpaintervs 10-23-2010 09:45 AM

I make dolls to give away to children with cancer and other devestating illness, also chemo caps, then knit, crochet, embroider, sometimes sew for great grands, practice drawing and my favorite thing to do when not doing the dolls is to write short stories to share on the internet. Any of you read the Granny's Crazy Quilt, I put on here under my ID name? I'd love to hear your comments. I really enjoyed writing that. I love the elderly and all they do and have done, and now I ARE ONE!!!! giggling at my silly self.

marthe brault-hunt 10-23-2010 12:29 PM

Knit, I finally found a pattern for a scandinavian sweater i dreamt of for years.The wool will be my Xmas gift (from me to me). I do counted crosstitch, jigsaw puzzles and crosswords. After reading the board, I check the patterns that stroke my attention in my collections of books and magazines. Also read the French and English newspapers every day and I clip articles that may interest my daughter,

FortMyers 10-23-2010 01:37 PM

Read anything related to quilting or medical mystery novels, and I spend alot of time on my computer.