Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you are not quilting?

What other projects do you work on when you are not quilting? Right now as I watch television I am knitting chemo caps out of fluffy yarn. These will be donated to local cancer center. Sometimes I crochet 7x9 in rectangles to be given to local group to put together for " Keep america warm " afgans. Last year I did 92 pieces ( my goal was 100 but my hands got tired). Church group was glad to get them and they put them together. Also I am now sewing "Coloring book bags with crayons" that I am going to sell at my DD mother's club bazzare. What are you doing in you spare time?

Blog Entries
    I work with stained glass making windows and boxes.

I make preemie caps, tole paint and crochet baby blankets. Sometimes now, since I have retired I read. I just can't sit and watch TV, but as I get older it's harder to see well at night.

Blog Entries
    Sleep! LOL.

Play golf
    read

I do landscaping, make floral arrangements and flowers for weddings, Oil painting, Watercolors, make anything to do with crafts,

Would love to try stained glass!! Murphy can you show us some of your work???? I would love to see it!!

I crochet - I like to be working with my hands. I have made baby blankets for my grandson, prayers shawls and baby blankets for church prayer shawl group (baby blankets go to infants newly baptized), and I have started scarves for seamen.

read, crochet (though i haven't really done much of either since i started my first quilt a few months ago lol), and raise my children. lol

I like to ride my bike and crochet (not at the same time, but if I could arrange it I might).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sleep!!!

Blog Entries
    I read ALOT

pout and wish I was quilting!lol

read, watch movies

What is this "not quilting" you speak about? LOL Actually, I read or sleep. Sometimes I do crochet or knitting.

I crochet and knit a bit. I am trying to make a few scarves to send to the coats for kids charity, as they also want hats, mittens and scarves.
    I make melt and pour soaps, poupourris, and dry a few things from my garden. Gardening takes up alot of my time in the Summer, plus I have fruit trees, berry bushes, rhubarb, and a huge asparagus bed.
    I also like to make my own greeting cards.

I have two little kids who are under three. I am doing all sorts of stuff, like putting out sibling fires and "yelling" at them to not stand on the lamp tables and to stop jumping off the play house and furniture and fireplace. (this is a new obsession of my dd and ds is quick to try and follow big sis) and while I am doing these things I am doing all my chorse and trying not to loose my mind.

Outside work, knit dishcloths, crochet, and the quilting board.com.

I also dodecorative painting. As I am recently widowed, I keep busy with the necessary chores of home ownership. I garden . I also work at local flower shop. I crochet, embroider, play games on the computor AND check out this web site. I walk and keep myself active. Only sit for 2-hours at a time.

What do I do when I don't quilt? I have a day job, and at lunchtime I either cut fabric for a quilt, or some kind of needlework, or I research or plan the next quilt. I also go to church, and have a new grandbaby on the way, making her (I'm believing it's a her) appearance in late May / early June.

I work on computers (repair, build, etc..), design graphics, design websites, and last but not least, seem to be constantly rearranging my furniture. :)

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Cleaning house, I guess that's not a hobby. Playing with littleman who has been in a puzzle mood lately so we have put lots of puzzles together. It amazes me as to how fast he picked up matching the pieces.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63
    What other projects do you work on when you are not quilting? Right now as I watch television I am knitting chemo caps out of fluffy yarn. These will be donated to local cancer center. Sometimes I crochet 7x9 in rectangles to be given to local group to put together for " Keep america warm " afgans. Last year I did 92 pieces ( my goal was 100 but my hands got tired). Church group was glad to get them and they put them together. Also I am now sewing "Coloring book bags with crayons" that I am going to sell at my DD mother's club bazzare. What are you doing in you spare time?
    What spare time?!?!? I knit and crochet. Last winter I knitted dish rags for everyone in my family. This fall I am crocheting pot holders. I also knit baby blankets and premie caps for Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania. I finished knitting a sweater I started for myself 2 years ago. Another UFO gone.

Blog Entries
    I make sign and graphics for major corporations, my drag job.
    Quilting is nights and weekends.

I volunteer for two nonprofit organizations: Meigs County Community Advisory Board (identifies resources or needs for families in the county) and CASA Corridor (Court Appointed Special Advocates) (we train volunteers to speak for neglected and abused children in the court system). I also scrapbook with the Tennessee Scrapbooking Divas (four friends and me). I have a TV with DVD built-in in my sewing room. I scrapbook or sew and watch movies. I watch several shows on TV ... my favorites are NCIS, NCIS LA, Good Wife, and the Closer ... love, love NCIS.

Pet my dogs, Read, cross stitch, spend too much time on the computer.

I am a crafter - beading, painting, making Christmas ornaments, whatever I can do with my hands...soon I will start making my own Christmas cards with an original poem and design. I love to be busy, absolutely CANNOT sit and watch TV. Also, I love to cook. Having raised eleven children, I guess I never learned to just sit. Retirement is wonderful, letting me pursue all the kinds of crafts available. I have also sold paintings and jewelry. And I like to talk a lot....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast