Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do when you are not quilting? >

What do you do when you are not quilting?

What do you do when you are not quilting?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
What other projects do you work on when you are not quilting? Right now as I watch television I am knitting chemo caps out of fluffy yarn. These will be donated to local cancer center. Sometimes I crochet 7x9 in rectangles to be given to local group to put together for " Keep america warm " afgans. Last year I did 92 pieces ( my goal was 100 but my hands got tired). Church group was glad to get them and they put them together. Also I am now sewing "Coloring book bags with crayons" that I am going to sell at my DD mother's club bazzare. What are you doing in you spare time?
What spare time?!?!? I knit and crochet. Last winter I knitted dish rags for everyone in my family. This fall I am crocheting pot holders. I also knit baby blankets and premie caps for Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania. I finished knitting a sweater I started for myself 2 years ago. Another UFO gone.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 AM

I make sign and graphics for major corporations, my drag job.
Quilting is nights and weekends.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:37 AM

I volunteer for two nonprofit organizations: Meigs County Community Advisory Board (identifies resources or needs for families in the county) and CASA Corridor (Court Appointed Special Advocates) (we train volunteers to speak for neglected and abused children in the court system). I also scrapbook with the Tennessee Scrapbooking Divas (four friends and me). I have a TV with DVD built-in in my sewing room. I scrapbook or sew and watch movies. I watch several shows on TV ... my favorites are NCIS, NCIS LA, Good Wife, and the Closer ... love, love NCIS.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:40 AM

Pet my dogs, Read, cross stitch, spend too much time on the computer.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:41 AM

I am a crafter - beading, painting, making Christmas ornaments, whatever I can do with my hands...soon I will start making my own Christmas cards with an original poem and design. I love to be busy, absolutely CANNOT sit and watch TV. Also, I love to cook. Having raised eleven children, I guess I never learned to just sit. Retirement is wonderful, letting me pursue all the kinds of crafts available. I have also sold paintings and jewelry. And I like to talk a lot....
Old 10-21-2010, 05:44 AM

Power naps so I can stay up longer to quilt!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 AM

I like to knit, too, though haven't done much of it in the last months. I will be picking up the needles soon for some little things for a new niece on the way.

I don't have much time for hobbies now as I am getting house ready to sell, so I am finishing up my current quilt and then focusing on Christmas gifts (rag quilts), then the baby stuff...a little here and there. I also like to bake and decorate cakes and cookies!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:56 AM

I work, then spend most of my time here reading. ;)
Old 10-21-2010, 06:04 AM

I am usually sitting in my recliner crocheting around fleece to make baby blankets which I sell at craft shows that my sisters go to each fall and winter season! Been doing that for several years now and it has become a full-time job almost. They do about 12-15 craft shows each fall season. In the past 3 years I can safely say I have made close to 300 baby blankets. I had one lady order a special order...she ended up getting 30 of them. I almost got burnt out before I was done with her order!
Anyway, it doesn't leave me nearly as much time for quilting as I would like!!
Plus hubby and I keep our two grandkids, ages 8 and 4 1/2 every day while Mom's are at work. Thank goodness they are good kids and entertain themselves quite well!!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 AM

I do Counted Cross Stitch while I watch TV in the evenings.