Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do when you are not quilting? >

What do you do when you are not quilting?

What do you do when you are not quilting?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Well for the last couple of weeks I stripped my kitchen cabinets and then stained and varnished them. Now I am pulling all of the old contac paper off and putting new shelf liner down and getting rid of a lot of dishes and such out of the kitchen.
Marion
Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

I work full time, do church activities 2 nights a week and Sunday, quilt guild activities, and the BIG extra-curricular activity is spending time with the GRANDKIDS!!!

DH thinks he comes in a poor 3rd to quilting and grandkids....I told him , No, you're always #1 with me..... :roll:
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Getting on this quilt board, cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking, doing dishes, etc.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:45 PM

Also do housecleaning, laundry, ironing, cooking but besides that I spend a lot of time doing paperwork like recording all the medicine my DH and I take. If I don't keep good records the pharmacy messes up often and I could end up paying a lot more than I should. Love to crochet and knit but arthritis in my hands might not let me do either one anymore. Almost afraid to try some as I haven't done either for quite some time. Spend as much time on the board although not as much as I would like. Have aquired 7 machines all because I got hooked since reading about the VSMS. Fell in love with it as many of us have. Food shopping is high on the list, cutting coupons and all takes time. Spend as much time with Grands as pssible. They are spread out and not all of them have a car. That's enough for now, getting tired thinking about all of it. Good nite all.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I read ALOT
Me, too!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 AM

I am learning to say NO!
I evidently have Taxi, Go-fer, and Do-fer tatood on my forehead. Since I have been laid off for the last 2 years everyone (friends and family) assumes that I have nothing better to do but take them somewhere, go pick up something for them or make them something for free.