Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you are NOT quilting?

I'll start first.
    When I am not quilting, (or thinking about quilting) I like photography, and watching movies, finding new recipes to try on my Jim. Funny thing though......it seems in a last few years I have started noticing quilts in the movies. :D

Banned
    i enjoy doing anything artistic related to sewing.

other than that everything else is a chore and i have to force myself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i enjoy doing anything artistic related to sewing.

other than that everything else is a chore and i have to force myself to do it.
    thats a great answer...other than playing with my grandbabies, or getting on board...everything else is done, bc it has to be! :wink:

I like papercrafts, like making cards and scrapbook layouts :wink:

and then i like reading craft magz or hair magz( used to be a hairdresser but had to quit since i got to ill)

and then i m on the computer and then i SLEEP a lot,lol

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I like to do cross stitch,hand embroidery and collect recipes.

Blog Entries
    Spend time with family and friends, read, putter with other crafts, this board, short hikes, fishing, too many too list :wink: :wink: :wink:

This is a joke, right???

Blog Entries
    I read, do a bit of gardening, a bit of DIY/maintenance when I am able, catch up with friends via email and phone, spin, and best of all, visit my friends.

The more I read about or quilt, the less I want to do my other "interests" these days. I like to work in my hubby's wine shop a bit, knit, garden, camp, swim, play with my grandchildren (not as much anymore 2 live 8 hours from me & the 9 year old is getting busy with her 9 year old life these days, hard to fit me in).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley
    This is a joke, right???
    :lol: I was thinking the same thing!! :lol:

No, it is not a joke you sillies. Or do we all think, eat, sleep, and work QUILTING!! I love it! :D

Loretta, my Dad was genealogist. He researched our family as far back as the Revolution. Every once in a while I kind of wish he had not gone that far. He found out that we are related to Benedict Arnold!

I never had an interest in finding the information the way my parents did. But I have a niece who runs a site and I am glad of it. My father's mother came from Manchester, England. My mother's mother came from Posen, Germany. Both of my Grandfathers were born in the US

Blog Entries
    When I'm not actually quilting...well, then I'm thinking about my current or next project. While I'm doing my thinking, I might be playing with my other animals, gardening, reading, fishing, spending a leisurely day with my DH doing whatever he wants to do. Then of course its off to bed to dream about ....quilting!

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I like to read, travel with hubby, visit quilt shops, hang out w/my best friend, visit quilt shops, watch movies, play with my dogs, visit quilt shops, visit with my best friend in Md. via web cam, this board, & oh yea did I mention visit quilt shops........... :roll:

Blog Entries
    You mean there is something besides quilting? Never heard such a thing! What heresy!!! I go to bed thinking about what designs I am going to do or thinking about a problem in my quilting I need to solve!
    Yes I do pretty much eat breathe and live quilting all the time!!

On the geneology subject my aunt has researched my dad's line back to 4 ancestors who came over on the Mayflower. It is interesting to know those things and to see what your family history is.
    My husband and I are related by marriage several times between his family and mine. My cousin was married to his cousin so their children are related to my DH and me.
    My mom just found out this morning(and she is excited!) that her dad's aunt had married a relative of my dad's several years ago. It was a connection she didn't know about til now.
    It is fun but one of my interruptions to getting more tutorials or quilting etc done is my mom wanting me to make time to print off copies of pictures she has been getting from other family members in her search for connections!! Fun but I just don't have time to do all of it..........!!

Quilting always trumps everything except I do make time to read the messages from you guys!! That's still quilting related tho!!!

Reading is my second hobby.
    I walk the mall before it opens for an hour and a half three days a week.
    It is too hot here in Phx to walk outside in the summer.
    I have 4 demanding cats to tend to. They love to trash my sewing room.
    When Im not quilting I check on my sewing room to make sure it is still there. This I do several times a day. Quilting is always on my mind.
    And of couse this board, must check it at least twice a day.
    Shopping for fabric is one of my favorite things to do.
    Very little housework gets done, dont care.

I do some crocheting and knitting, but what I love best is quilting.

There's so much work to do around here, just about the only time I get to quilt anymore is early morning.

Other than quilt?

WORK! (Bleah!)

Everything else I have to make myself do. Such as clean house. I do quite a bit of reading, play around on the computer some, and visit my family members.

Really, running the music store is taking up WAY too much of my time right now. Although at least now I am getting one day per week off, occasionally 2, depending on the time of year. For a while it was a 24/7 job while we were building up the business. My poor sewing machine cried for me during that time.

Now I have a few great employees who do lots of the work I was having to do. Now I have more time to QUILT!

I try to have a balanced life, but these days quilting/designing is my balance--balance for all the years I couldn't quilt for all the other "have-to's". Although, I do walk, visit friends, read, learn a new language, and, of course, shop for more fabric.

I love to read, and write. I also love to cook,but with an empty nest , don't do a lot of that these days. DH and I love to go 4-wheeling on the farm and I love spending time with my 2 grandsons, however they are in so many other things , don't have as much time for me these days.

I love Quilting the most, even when sitting here at the desk, I have a piece of lap quilting with me.I also love to Knit, but haven't done any in quite awhile.

And I love this board and spend too much time here, I read everything and have met so many great people and learned so much!
    I guess I love music almost as much as quilting!

When I am not quilting, I am spending time with my daughter and granddaughter. I love spending time with my 2 favorite girls. On weekends DH and I go 4 wheeling. Haven't done much of that this year yet, but we are planning a weekend away for the 4th of July, to do just that. The weather hasn't been good enough for 4 wheeling, it is always raining. Anyways, quilting is my favorite pasttime.

Banned
    I cross Stitch, hand embroider, crochet, reador word searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    No, it is not a joke you sillies. Or do we all think, eat, sleep, and work QUILTING!! I love it! :D !
    Allright, I do like to read, but it seems that my reading time has changed into quilting time. I like to listen to books on tape when I quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    No, it is not a joke you sillies. Or do we all think, eat, sleep, and work QUILTING!! I love it! :D !
    Allright, I do like to read, but it seems that my reading time has changed into quilting time. I like to listen to books on tape when I quilt.
    Great idea Bearpaw! I LOVE to read but never thought of the tapes while quilting :oops: I'll have to give it a try.

I work-part time so my afternoons are mostly spent in my quilt room. I crochet, knit, needlepoint and I used to tat (but the eyes are having trouble with that). I do a little scrapbooking and make a few cards. I ignore the housework and the weeds in the garden :oops: :lol: :oops:
    I also like to ride the ATV and we can do that here on our property-even had a midnight ride in the snow last winter-BEAUTIFUL!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast