Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do when you are not quilting? >

What do you do when you are not quilting?

What do you do when you are not quilting?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:07 AM

Quilting is what I do when I don't have other things that have to be done; like clean the house, and work for a living. Sewing IS my "what I do".
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM

If not in my sewing room, I like to try new recipes. I watch Rachel Ray most days, but my DH is borderline diabetic so have been researching new ways to make up recipes. I am trying to crochet again (used to do it alot) and I like to listen to the talk shows and Fox news. I make up ribbon flowers/bouquets for tops of gift packages instead of bows. Would like to try ribbon embroidery.

I want to attempt a Bargello and a Mariner's compass quilt. That should keep me busy for quite a while.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM

I read or do theater.I am assistant directing/stage managing for Jekyll&Hyde that opens this Friday.When I am involved with a play it takes up every night for 4-5 weeks.Oh, how could I forget,I seem to spend lots of time on this lovely board learning lots of stuff!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:09 AM

I am a portrait artist [email protected]
and it really gets in the way of my quilting
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Most of my time is spend on my kids, quilting, computer and tae kwon do (martial arts, something I do with my kids). I am a compulsive carfter, doll making, melt and pour soap making, knitting, crochetting, but just do not have time for much for those things any more. I gave up watching tv. Seems the computer has taken that place. Full schedule.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

I spend the entire baseball season watching. I seem to plan my life around the games. I can watch on my laptop while I'm sewing. I love to read and watch movies too. (in the winter)
I also like to knit and download music and books on my ipods.
I'm just touching the surface here- I'm never bored! :D
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I read or do theater.I am assistant directing/stage managing for Jekyll&Hyde that opens this Friday.When I am involved with a play it takes up every night for 4-5 weeks.Oh, how could I forget,I seem to spend lots of time on this lovely board learning lots of stuff!
SO COOL! I worked with local theatre (years ago and only backstage) and I loved it. There is such excitement and electiricity backstage. Have thought about doing it again but not sure I can make that 4-6 week commitment.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 AM
nab

I'm into knitting. I make premie hats for HIV babies in Africa and knit hats for the orphanage on Kilimanjaro. I also love knitting socks. I do crochet and cross stich. I am an avid reader. My husband and I do spend a lot of time watching NCIS, Bones, Castle, etc. We usually get the series when they come out on DVD. That is when I knit. My quilting time is Sat. and Sun. mornings before anyone else is up. I can usually get a good 5 hours each morning.
ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 AM

Knit hats for the homeless, hats for preemies, make preemie quilts (whoops that doesn't count) and sew for our grand-daughters.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 AM

I sew.
I knit.
I crochet.
I do counted cross stitch.
I do a tiny bit of other embrodery.
And I sew some more.

Once in a while, I'll clean the house.

And the sewing table gets set up in front of the TV, so when I'm sewing, I watch TV.

I used to read a lot, but now I just go to sleep after a couple paragraphs.