Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do when you are not quilting? >

What do you do when you are not quilting?

What do you do when you are not quilting?

Old 10-22-2010, 05:39 PM

crochet prayer shawls... digitize embroidery designs... read... grade papers... STAY ON THIS BOARD WAY TOO LONG LOL... Notice I didn't mention anything about housework or cooking!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Not much there isnt time left for any thing else ,if I could I would quilt/sew all day everyday , cathy
Old 10-22-2010, 07:28 PM

I knit, mostly socks. I usually read a few hours a day. And that damn job gets in the way, oh and my family expects food.....can't seem to get them away from this eating habit!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned

Crochet, embroider or read, these things could be done in bed.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Sleep, eat, do laundry, and try to do some housework.
Maybe go to post office and grocery store and maybe to Joann's.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:11 PM

I spend from one to four days a week with the local mobil Blood Bank crew, going from one place to another gathering blood from volunteer donors. Sometimes we go out of town and start at 6:45 AM and return about 8:PM, sometimes we leave at 1PM and return at 8:30 PM, but it is always interesting.

I relax by reading with my cat on my lap, listening to soft music.
I cancelled my TV cable many years ago and don't miss the loud noises and constant pushing of things I don't want to buy.

I make Victorian doll houses every few years. I'm now in the process of gluing on clap boards (which are wooden coffee stirrers) and drilling holes in plastic deodorant balls for hanging lights. I find this very relaxing since there's no longer any little girls around begging me to hurry up and finish it! Now and then I make Victorian bird houses which I do give away, to those same little girls now grown up!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Banned

I homeschool my daughter and work in my beauty salon. I also like to read and sometimes I sleep a little!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 PM

I've never quilted anything in my life except in my mind. I spend lots of time reading about quilting on this board and copying all the totorials.
I teach Medical Assisting at our local community college. I spend lots of time on this board looking at all the things people are making.
I talk to my little dog a lot and some times I even talk to my husband.
I spend lots of time following the links posted on this board and copying things from them.
I grow orchids and belong to our local orchid society.
I spend lots of time checking to see if there are new postings to this board.
Then if time permits, I do want I'm suppose to do in order to keep up a household, but only if it really really needs it.
Then I relax by reading some more on this board.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Search the internet for cool crafting sites like this one! I also crochet and enjoy spending at least one weekend day and night with my wonderful 2 year old granddaughter!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Let's see...try to clear the brush off my 2 acres of land in the piney woods, babysit DGS on occasion (usually at least once a week), spend time on this board, help out (or hang out) at the candle shop, think about designing my house to build on my land, spend time on this board, try to get all my swap items mailed out on time, do the mundane stuff like pay bills, laundry, etc. Occasional crocheting, knitting or counted cross stitch, new costumes for various folk for the RenFaires, spend too much time on this board...oh and next week I'm going to be helping DSIL pack up everything from Granpa & Margaret's house to either go into storage or be sold on Craig's List or ebay since they have moved to an assisted living facility.