Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you do when you read a post? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-when-you-read-post-t148826.html)

GrannieAnnie 08-29-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
When you read a post, do you start reading everyone's replys or do you scroll straight to the bottom to put your two cents worth in? Me? I scroll!!

why scroll? I hit "quote" and reply.

GrannieAnnie 08-29-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
it depends on the topic.

if its an opinion poll, like which border do you like better, i just go to the bottom and voice my opinion.

if its an advice post i read the other comments to see if there's anything i would like to add to the discussion.

Again, why go to the bottom? Just hit "reply" or "quote" under the post.

moonwork42029 08-29-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
depends on the topic- sometimes i read what everyone has to say- sometimes i just respond- sometimes i read what everyone says then move on without adding my (2 cents worth).

ditto :) then sometime I just copy :)

dixiebelle162002 08-29-2011 01:21 PM

depends on the amount of time I have. Sometime I just read the first couple of post and then comment sometimes I read through all of them.

Mickey1 08-29-2011 01:29 PM

Ditto....I read them all most of the time.

Maia B 08-29-2011 01:32 PM

Depends, obviously. Some topics are asking for opinions on a design, a machine or notion, etc. So even if I suggest the same border design or machine as someone else, it has value to the OP that more than one person has the same suggestion. I think to say that one shouldn't respond at all unless they've read the entire thread is absurd. Now if I were posing a question, I'd read all the posts first to see if the answer was already given, but if another QB member fails to do that, big deal.

butterflies5518 08-29-2011 01:32 PM

depends on the topic- sometimes i read what everyone has to say- sometimes i just respond- sometimes i read what everyone says then move on without adding my (2 cents worth).

ditto!

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 08-29-2011 01:33 PM

Depends on how many pages there are.....usually I will read through the first couple of pages. After that I will usually skip postings and post my own reply. I guess it just depends on the topic and if it is one I am really totally interested in. If that is the case I will read it all before posting my reply.

wuv2quilt 08-29-2011 01:51 PM

Ditto for me :)

pocoellie 08-29-2011 01:52 PM

Sometimes I read the replies and other times, I just post my reply.