Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what happened to Henry? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-happened-henry-t19611.html)

Darlene 05-06-2009 04:17 AM

Happy Birthday Henry!!!

chairjogger 05-06-2009 04:29 AM

it is so nice to have many keep in touch with eachother.. like a family.
Hope all your Job Hunts are successful !!

Ellen

JoanneS 05-06-2009 10:50 AM

Happy Birthday for last Sunday (gosh, I remember 33!)

How's it going with the chickens? I've got a hen sitting on 12 eggs from the neighbour at the moment (we don't keep a cockerel) Shame I can't send you some chicks - maybe by Pan Am with stewardess attendance?!

K x[/quote]

Sadly, Pan Am has been gone since Dec '91. My husband flew for PAA for 27 years, and his father did before him. It's nice to know that you remember Pan Am KX.

henryparrish76 05-06-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Thanks.
Well I am within what the town calls their zone even though I am not in the town limits themselves so they said there would not be a way for me to keep even one chicken unless all the neighbors on my street and the one that runs perpendicular to me agrees to it. So I would have to collect their signatures and show to the permit issuing office down at town hall. Thats 22 houses and I know 2 of them wouldnt sign it cause they dont like animals of any kind. They complain whenever they see anyone walking there dog down the road. So alas, no chickens for me.

Oh, what a shame Henry! Sure you can't bribe them with promises of eggs?

K x

Yeah I am sure. The odd thing is this. Raleigh allows chickens to be kept. Our state capital city allows chickens to be kept but this little town doesnt. Makes no sense to me.

henryparrish76 05-06-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
Happy Birthday Henry!!!

thank you

butterflywing 05-06-2009 08:17 PM

double-digits are lucky, henry :thumbup:

glad to hear you're well.

k3n 05-06-2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Yeah I am sure. The odd thing is this. Raleigh allows chickens to be kept. Our state capital city allows chickens to be kept but this little town doesnt. Makes no sense to me.

If we could understand those bureaucrats (I KNOW that's not how you spell it?!) we'd be as dumb as them!

K x

k3n 05-06-2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Sadly, Pan Am has been gone since Dec '91. My husband flew for PAA for 27 years, and his father did before him. It's nice to know that you remember Pan Am KX.

Wow, Joanne, my age is showing! So, you hooked yourself a 'fly guy' - good on ya! :D

K x

JoanneS 05-07-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Wow, Joanne, my age is showing! So, you hooked yourself a 'fly guy' - good on ya! :D

K x

He sent me a ticket (Pan Am of course) to follow him on cruise when he was in the Navy. We were married in Yokohama. His Dad and our son were also Naval Aviators. His Mom was one of the first female pilots in AZ. And, no, I don't have a pilot's license. Someone has to be the passenger.

butterflywing 05-07-2009 09:23 AM

very wise!