Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What kind of sewing machine are you using? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-kind-sewing-machine-you-using-t133994.html)

tolepainter54 06-29-2011 07:24 PM

Viking Designer 1

deedum 06-29-2011 07:41 PM

do you use your embrodiery part of the 9500? I am wondering where I can get the cards for mine? etc... I do really enjoy the machine but never got into the embrodiery part with the cards. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

deedum 06-29-2011 07:43 PM

Everyone I know who has a Pfaff loves them and rates them highly, I know a dealer who has Juki and a few friends and rates them high, so it is a toss up. I would go with the wider throat for quilting.

jitkaau 06-30-2011 03:10 AM

I have a Pfaff and a Brother straight stitcher. Even though it is only a straight stitcher, I prefer the Brother. The reason for this is that it is easy to adjust the height and pressure of the needle and also the height of the feed dogs. It sews very easily through denim material that is five thicknesses in depth.The machine is the Nouvelle 1500s and is not computerised - but worth a look.The throat is 9" wide and the bed is flat. It comes with an extension and there is also another larger extension.

Amythyst02 06-30-2011 03:55 AM

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have not made a decision yet, but your thoughts and comments have helped alot.

Thanks!!

gmaybee 06-30-2011 04:57 AM

I have two Pfaffs that I love.

OrangeSherbet 06-30-2011 05:38 AM

Singer 15-91. Born Dec 19, 1949.

GGinMcKinney 06-30-2011 05:41 AM

Janome 6600P. It is over budget if purchased new, but now that the Horizon came out the 6600P can be found used less than your budget.
Large harp, the attached walking foot works on the 1/4" foot as well as an open toe foot. The Accufeed is the name of the built in walking foot. It is worth every penny.

mhansen6 06-30-2011 06:40 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative 4.0. I absolutely love it. I have had Pfaff machines for 25 years and don't think I would buy anything else. The only drawback is the thing weighs a ton and is hard to drag around. But I do it anyway becuase I have become so used to all the bells and whistles that I can't seem to sew without them. Last summer I wore out my old Pfaff and went looking for a new machine. I tried them all including the Bernia 830. The first time the sales lady started sewing on the Bernia it got jammed. I quickly left the store. I left the Pfaff until last. I am glad I did. It has everything I wanted and more. I am a Pfaff user for life.

MOBRIDGE MOM 06-30-2011 08:17 AM

I just bought a Pfaff Expression 3.0 and love it. I kind of went from a horse and buggy machine to a Ferrari with the Pfaff. I haven't sewed clothing in years but with all the different stitches I'm thinking about it...